P2P Apps for Mac

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Can anybody recommend any good P2P apps for Mac? I already have BitTorrent, but the torrent sites today are pretty bare.

Comments

• Reply 2 of 6
    Here is every Mac p2p client known to humanity.

I use SoulSeek for trawling for vinyl rips of rare jazz records; it's pretty hardcore. If you're looking for something specific that's where you'll find it, but you must talk crap for hours to strangers and it's a pain in the arse to share. And you must give in order to receive here or they'll tell you to sod off.

I'm not a fan of p2p because I sometimes see tunes made by people I actually know and I can't help thinking that they should get paid.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Ya, i have acquisition, and it has all the music i look for. It also has a ton of good software for Mac OSX. You could also try Limewire. Both Limewire and Acquisition make an iTunes folder and automatically put the songs that you download into the folder.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    I've found that the easiest plug n' play P2P for new P2Pers is Limewire. More so even than bitorrent, bits on wheels, azureus, acquisition, mlmac, tomato, xfactor, and even poisoned. It's more intuitive for those of us who aren't accustomed. I would recommend it for newbies just looking to download quick without reading up on how to use the program. For the lazy newbie, this is your program.

--B
  • Reply 5 of 6
    other than Limewire being just a bit clunky, I think it's the best/easiest client out there for mac.