what's the best 23" flatscreen ?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm on the road for a new screen, a big one. Preferably a 23", wich is big, but not too big and *too* expensive.

The obvious choice is the 23' Apple Cinema Display, but recentely more brands offer such a screen. Even Dell has one now, a 24", but at the same resolution. And for a much lower price. Then there's Samsung, NEC, Philips, ...

Any experiences in this field ? It's meant for design-purposes, and gaming isn't that important, but video is (editing).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    i'm gonna go ahead and back the apple display. its not the cheapest, but i think its the best choice.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Silver

I'm on the road for a new screen, a big one. Preferably a 23", wich is big, but not too big and *too* expensive.

The obvious choice is the 23' Apple Cinema Display, but recentely more brands offer such a screen. Even Dell has one now, a 24", but at the same resolution. And for a much lower price. Then there's Samsung, NEC, Philips, ...

Any experiences in this field ? It's meant for design-purposes, and gaming isn't that important, but video is (editing).

There's been some positive post in the Peripheral forum on MacNN on the new Dell 24". It's the " thread Apple 30" vrs Dell 24""".

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=246641
  • Reply 3 of 4
    beakeebeakee Posts: 64member
    Quote:

Check out the new Dell 24"...very good reviews, unbeatable price $1199.00 - 24 inch display[/URL]- keep the extra

$600 for something else. Kinda cool media card reader built in as well.display
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Macworld reviewed several 23 inch displays at the end of february.

http://www.macworld.com/reviews/displays/