XBOX 2 to use triple core PowerPC (G5?)

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

They've only had a single positive quarter, this last one, and it was announced in the conference call it was an anomaly brought about by high demand for certain games and wasn't expected to last. Microsoft has long known they weren't going to run at a profit for this generation. This generation was all about getting into the market.

Yes, and those games were Halo 2, and KOTR 2. Well worth getting an XBOX for,(they were awesome, but Halo 2 was a little disappointing) but Star Wars Republic Commando is better than both.
  • Reply 42 of 43
    With the original XBOX you could put a mod chip in it and run some Linux distros and get Windows to run on it. I wonder if they use a PowerPC processor if you could put a mod chip in it and get OSX to work. Even if they charged the console at $500 it would be a good deal.

$500 XBOX console

~$50 Modchip

$130 OSX

$680 for a triple core PowerPC mac, not a bad deal at all.
  • Reply 43 of 43
    Slughead, i, AMAZINGLY, get games for their gameplay, not graphics.

(Tetris worlds. amazing graphics... but somehow, i wouldve rather bought doom 1. or even taken the time to download it online.)

And, Electric monk. you bring up sega. I want them to jump back in the console loop.(that is a want, not a prediction or rumor)(nor is it a wish)

And... you all almost totally excluded the cube. dual g5 processors. i believe. Its kinda kreepy. Cube with 2, Xenon with three, and ps3 with 4.

coincidence? I THINK NOT! it is the order of their greatness... BACKWARDS! i tell u, ITS A CONSPIRACY!(and the ps3 guys probably have a ripoff of cell to slap in the ps3. theyd love it.)

See, they made a deal. they make it seem like their order of greatness is backwards if Ps3 guys PAID THEM IN PUPPIES! because everyone likes puppies, right? so. ps3 and Xenon im sure will have single core processors, and they arent even manufactured in mass yet. Xenon is what, 2006? and revolution=SOON! Dual processors with only two instruction per cycle can still have games with funner GAMPLAY!at top, it says how i choose games, buy the way. and hit the insider lounge. read shuffle topic.

STEVE JOBS, ATTOURNEY AT LAW, away!!!!