2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

you watch the OC

and you have a PBS hot dog documentary DVD

yeah, you got a problem with that? I live life dangerously!
  • Reply 22 of 39
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardeeharhar

ew.

The onions, is it?

Well, they don't actually pile up an 'inch' high. More like half an inch, at which point they start falling off.

Hey, raw onions are a good source of essential nucleic acids.

One simply must plan a socially-convenient time to eat them.

I *do* like to pile diced green chilies an *inch* high on pork chops or chopped steak. And those *stay* piled.
  • Reply 23 of 39
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    polish boy with sauerkraut
  • Reply 24 of 39
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    A Berkeley tradition: Top Dog
  • Reply 25 of 39
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

The onions, is it?

Well, they don't actually pile up an 'inch' high. More like half an inch, at which point they start falling off.

Hey, raw onions are a good source of essential nucleic acids.

One simply must plan a socially-convenient time to eat them.

I *do* like to pile diced green chilies an *inch* high on pork chops or chopped steak. And those *stay* piled.

No. I just don't like hotdogs. At some point in my misspent youth I realized that hotdogs are simply a poor excuse for a condiment carrier.
  • Reply 26 of 39
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

yeah, you got a problem with that? I live life dangerously!

hell yeah all that smoking shure is dangerous to your health
  • Reply 27 of 39
    Quote:

hell yeah all that smoking shure is dangerous to your health

actually, to set the record straight: I don't smoke or drink [never have], but I do have a hot dog about every day. (and I am trying to cut back on soda)...

hardeeharhar, a hot dog can be so much more. It is the basic staple of the American culture. In many cultures, meat wrapped around bread with veggies is the base:

Gyro, Taco, Hot Dog, Norwegian Lizard Wraps....
  • Reply 28 of 39
    Soon after figuring out that hotdogs have no real purpose, I gave up eating mammals, and haven't save for a piece of lamb eaten any since.

FYI: It's not a moral or ethical concern, I never liked the taste of beef, didn't each much pork, and I am a better eater than I was when a burger was enough... The all mammals thing came about from my desire to describe my dietary limits, and my simultaneous desire not to be a hypocrite.
  • Reply 29 of 39
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

actually, to set the record straight: I don't smoke or drink [never have], but I do have a hot dog about every day. ....

actually a hot dog a day might be worse than a ciggie a day
  • Reply 30 of 39
    Quote:

actually a hot dog a day might be worse than a ciggie a day

but it has tomatoes on it!
  • Reply 31 of 39
    When I was a kid we lived in a small town downstate and we'd come up here to chicago for a cub game, and I remember seeing all the shops that just sold hot dogs....it was so exotic!

Now that I've lived here a few years, it's kind of worn off, but one piece of trivia, at chicago hot dog joints your dog always includes fries.
  • Reply 32 of 39
    This thread has got me thinking, and I have come up with two things;

1) I am now hungry as hell.

2) There is noplace close to me that sells Hot Dogs.

Any of you here who have been to New Orleans or more specifically to Bourbon Street might be familiar with "Lucky Dogs". My wife and many of my friends think these are the most disturbing thing one could injest. I however think they are the best thing in the world at 2am in a drunken stuper, and taste just as good coming back up
  • Reply 33 of 39
    I used to enjoy hotdogs a lot but about a year and a half ago I became a vegetarian and vegheads can not, let me repeat CAN NOT make a good hot dog replacement...it is really the only thing that I miss meat wise.
  • Reply 34 of 39
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I guess it's appropriate to say that the soccer team I play for is partly sponsored by a local chain of hot dog joints called "Longdoggers." This is nice in that I get discounts on hot dogs as well as beer, which is also sold at Longdoggers.
  • Reply 35 of 39
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardeeharhar

Soon after figuring out that hotdogs have no real purpose, I gave up eating mammals, and haven't save for a piece of lamb eaten any since.

FYI: It's not a moral or ethical concern, I never liked the taste of beef, didn't each much pork, and I am a better eater than I was when a burger was enough... The all mammals thing came about from my desire to describe my dietary limits, and my simultaneous desire not to be a hypocrite.

I once got addicted to eating baked cod for dinner. This went on for six months. Finally, one day I happened to order a hamburger from McDonald's and found that it tasted really foul. I couldn't eat it and had to toss it in the trash.

I guess my system had become cleansed, or something. For years afterward, I had trouble eating meat. Eventually, I was able to eat cuts like filet mignon. Even now, the reason I pile green chilies on pork chops and chopped steak is to make sure I don't get that 'icky' meat taste that once grossed me out so badly. Weird, huh?
  • Reply 36 of 39
    Hot dogs are the only street food allowed sold by the city. Why? Because you can't get sick eating dogs. All hotdogs are pre-cooked before frozen. You could serve them cold and you still wouldn't get sick. Unlike other foods.