Intel announces next chip Apple is done

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hey guys heard how pc is getting dual core chips? Worried this is gonna kill apple. Well i just wanted to let you know intel and amd both just announced their first multi core chips. Each has 10 processors on one single chip in speeds of 3.4 ghz and they are 64 bit. So i guess Apple better pull a rabbit out of there hat or we can kiss apple goodbye. Because these chips should be out by the end of the year. I did happen to also see a benchmark test for these chips and im sad to say the performance was about 10x faster than current single 3.4 ghz. Yes Yes that's right 10x faster. That was of course in the blue screen of death test. Yes each computer Crashed and showed a blue screen of death 10-15x faster than current models. ARE YOU JEALOUS YET?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    Oh my god! I should go sell my Apple stock that has given me over a 500% return!
  • Reply 2 of 19
    obviously dave your not too into reading. either that or your a little slow. either way try reading again.. and maybe try thinking about it a different way. I 2 have apple stock and i 2 have greatly reveled in it's succes.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    i think what you heard was wrong... whispers are that there are 20 processing engines on each of 2 ipus (ipu = integrated processing unit or referred to as "core") with triple precision hyperthreading, a new feature that allows a single cpu to talk to each other 100times as fast as the protocol used in current G5s. also the triple precision mode allows 256bit operations when combining more processing engines...

all running at 3.6GHz and with 16W !!!!
  • Reply 4 of 19
    Ummm... ^ what he said? Ummm... no wait what im trying to say is... well... how to put it the right way.... uh oh yeah it was a JOKE MAN! Get over it. Stop trying to be so intellectual and laugh!!!
  • Reply 5 of 19
    kroehlkroehl Posts: 164member
    You ppl are about 2 weeks early....
  • Reply 6 of 19
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

you totally lost me on the 2 weeks thing
  • Reply 7 of 19
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Quote:

Originally posted by knowledgebase

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

you totally lost me on the 2 weeks thing

The chip will not be announced until April 1.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    garypgaryp Posts: 150member
    It's a safe bet that Apple will be there first with better equipment. I won't be selling my AAPL any time soon.

Lengthy Discussion Here
  • Reply 9 of 19
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
  • Reply 10 of 19
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blue2kdave

Oh my god! I should go sell my Apple stock that has given me over a 500% return!

Exactly, I bought at 17.

Anyway, I'm sure Intel and AMD will have faster CPU?s then what Apple offers by the year-end but Apple will surely combat this with the new Multi Core IBM?s. Wouldn?t worry too much about it, I?ll have to see the benchmarks before I?m chatting, ?Apple?s Dead?.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Ummm... ^ what he said? Ummm... no wait what im trying to say is... well... how to put it the right way.... uh oh yeah it was a JOKE MAN! Get over it. Stop trying to be so intellectual and laugh!!!

yeah mine too - just in case you didn't get it ;-)

ok all is fine - we should just enjoy apple's new tech which will come and surprise us for sure...
  • Reply 12 of 19
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Hey guys heard how pc is getting dual core chips? Worried this is gonna kill apple. Well i just wanted to let you know intel and amd both just announced their first multi core chips. Each has 10 processors on one single chip in speeds of 3.4 ghz and they are 64 bit. So i guess Apple better pull a rabbit out of there hat or we can kiss apple goodbye. Because these chips should be out by the end of the year. I did happen to also see a benchmark test for these chips and im sad to say the performance was about 10x faster than current single 3.4 ghz. Yes Yes that's right 10x faster. That was of course in the blue screen of death test. Yes each computer Crashed and showed a blue screen of death 10-15x faster than current models. ARE YOU JEALOUS YET?

Have you ever heard the phrase: PROVIDE LINKS?
  • Reply 13 of 19
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    kb was joking, parodying the doomsayers. Early April Fool's -> two weeks early.

Nothing to see here, move along.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

kb was joking, parodying the doomsayers. Early April Fool's -> two weeks early.

Nothing to see here, move along.

That's a seriously early April fools. Who'd a thunk it?
  • Reply 15 of 19
    zenarcadezenarcade Posts: 126member
    Quote:

You should change your nick . . . . . . . . . .
  • Reply 17 of 19
    rara Posts: 623member
    Apple: going out of business since 1984...
  • Reply 18 of 19
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    OMFGAWD. LONGHORN WILL BEAT THE HELL OUT OIF CHETAHH. DOMMED I SAY. APLLE IS DOMMED!!!!!!!!!!!!11lllllliiiii.....
  • Reply 19 of 19
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    This thread is closed