liquid cooled 2.5

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi, I just bought a refurb dual 2.5 ghz g5 and i have completely forgotten wether or not the dual 2.5 configuration was ever released without a liquid cooling mechanism. If so, how does one tell which model one has? thanks to anyone who remembers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    The Dual 2.5Ghz PowerMac G5 has always been Liquid Cooled. Also there is no Rev. B like there is the Dual 2.0Ghz and Dual 1.8Ghz. They released the Rev. B 2.0 & 1.8 when they released the Rev. A 2.5Ghz. Where did you get it if you don't mind me asking and for what price?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by O4BlackWRX

The Dual 2.5Ghz PowerMac G5 has always been Liquid Cooled. Also there is no Rev. B like there is the Dual 2.0Ghz and Dual 1.8Ghz. They released the Rev. B 2.0 & 1.8 when they released the Rev. A 2.5Ghz. Where did you get it if you don't mind me asking and for what price?

thanks. i got it at standard applestore refurb. I'm not sure what the link is from the outside world is, but if you go in through an education apple store, it's at the bottom right corner-- click on "see all promotions" under "apple promotions". I got the dual 2.5 for 2,599. supply changes a lot, but when i checked tuesday night, there was one on there. thanks again