LuxPro Introduces Cheaper Shuffle, same looks, more features

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014

http://www.mp3newswire.net/stories/5...ershuffle.html

It's an iPod Shuffle with voice recorder and FM tuner built in. Same white earbuds.

I bet you it's even made in the same Taiwanese factory that builds the Shuffle.

T-Minus 8 seconds till they get sued..

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/57460

Edit: more info in their site:

http://www.luxpro-corp.com/e_575d.htm

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Are those dumbasses trying to be funny?
  • Reply 2 of 14
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    [DIGITAL HUB?]

I saw an article about that thing at MacCentral the other day. I think they are probably - totally - f.u.b.a.r.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pins and needles

Are those dumbasses trying to be funny?

I donno, I'd buy one.

Everyone would think I paid $150 when in reality I paid much less and am secretly recording their envy. Hopefully I can buy one before Apple gets their ninjas in rainbow-colored Gi's to sever some limbs.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Wonder if this would cause Apple to add these features to a 2G iPod Shuffle...?!?

Or if LUXPRO is simply looked to muscle into a position as an Apple OEM manufacturer...
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Moving to iPod + iTunes
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacRonin

Wonder if this would cause Apple to add these features to a 2G iPod Shuffle...?!?

Or if LUXPRO is simply looked to muscle into a position as an Apple OEM manufacturer...

I don't see why not, as long as it plays encrypted AAC.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    qchemqchem Posts: 73member
    It doesn't play aac at all, just mp3 and wma.

Without itunes smart playlists etc, is this actually going to be anywhere near as useable?
  • Reply 8 of 14
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Qchem

It doesn't play aac at all, just mp3 and wma.

Without itunes smart playlists etc, is this actually going to be anywhere near as useable?

Who cares, I can see the songs when the drive is mounted, unlike those DRM lovin Apple devices. Plus it has better features, it's a winner in my book, it finishes off what Apple was to cheap to give. Anybody know where I can buy one?
  • Reply 9 of 14
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    you know i started a thread a week ago about this. you should browse the forum. it's called "Ridiculous, but apparently real, shuffle clone", or something like that.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=52079
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

you know i started a thread a week ago about this. you should browse the forum. it's called "Ridiculous, but apparently real, shuffle clone", or something like that.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=52079

Cool thanks, I'm not so mad about this. The device is cheaper and better then Apples offering. I hope they get a way with it as I doubt highly it would take much business away from Apple.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

The report is that it's also slghtly larger than the iPod Shuffle.

But same weight.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    but doesn't it have a microphone and voice recorder built in?

there are voice recording pens that cost $200 that only do 10 seconds
  • Reply 13 of 14
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    All of these flash drives INCLUDING this one, and Apples are formated with the 8 char win32 something. You can only use 8 char in a filename. Reformating to another format renders the mp3 player usable only as a disk on key and not an mp3 player. So I hope you have a nice time browsing your songs on this "Super Shuffle". And the supershuffle (yes i did play with one on an actual window machine) are in nearly the same format as Apple's player, they are in a folder called "music" labeled dir "1", 2, 3, and then what's worse is the filenames are called 1.mp3 2.mp3 3.mp3 and so forth. Copying a normal file will just give you an error and won't work. You have to use their "Transfer utility" Apple at least has the hidden music folder showing part of the 8 character names. Which you can browse by viewing hidden files....

I played with the super shuffle, While the idea is cool of adding an FM radio and recorder. It just works like crap. It really does, FM radio, scan through only. Constantly skipped through and wouldn't stop when i wanted to. No room for a real attenna so coverage is as good as those free fm radios they give out for promotions that never actually pick up any stations. What's worse is the voice recorder. I recorded a 10 second memo. which then mysteriously couldn't be taken off the supershuffle. They claimed software would used to decode the format of it.

Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Who cares, I can see the songs when the drive is mounted, unlike those DRM lovin Apple devices. Plus it has better features, it's a winner in my book, it finishes off what Apple was to cheap to give. Anybody know where I can buy one?