I've 'lost' the Airport Express speakers selection from iTunes

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I only use Airport to play iTunes through to my home stereo and it's been doing this quite happily on an off for several months. But now the usual pop-up menu at the bottom of the iTunes window, where you can select where you want to play your music (through my sticks or via Airport), has dissapeared!

I've switched my G4 Mac (OS10.3.7) off and on and the Airport Express the same, but nothing. It did this once before, but I can't remember what I did to get it back!

iTunes still plays through the Mac's speakers or my sticks, but damned if I can get it to go through Airport.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    digihdigih Posts: 21member
    Hi,

Any chance you have switched off the 'Look for remote speakers connected with AirTunes' option in the Audio section of the iTunes preferences?

Hope this helps.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thanks DigiH - I'd already tried that one, but hey, just clicked open iTunes and the pop up menu is back again at the bottom of the window, so for the moment at least I'm OK again.

Let's rock! :-)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I had this issue with my powerbook as well. The cure for this was to close and re-open iTunes.