Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Off to have a few of these...

"drown the Shamrock"

Cheers all

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I have to wait until about 7PM EST to start the drinking, for despite the fact that Americans seem to make the most carnivalian attempt at the holiday as possible, it doesn't get you off work.

Today it's "cold" (by Florida standards. . . high of 20C) and rainy. With the addition of about 10 degrees, it's probably very similar to your weather right now.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by MiMac

Off to have a few of these...

"drown the Shamrock"

Cheers all

Thanks, mate! Please tip a few for me, too while you're at it. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
  • Reply 3 of 11
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Guinness? I thought only American turists drink those... so how about a Murphy's or Beamish or Shandon stout ..? Slainte!
  • Reply 4 of 11
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    Slainte indeed.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Hey, have they actually started to put ALCOHOL in American beer yet?
  • Reply 6 of 11
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    Guiness is what we are cooking the corned beef in. We'll be drinking Bushmills.

There's Irish blood throughout both sides of my family and some day I want to visit Ireland. What is the general reaction to Americans in Ireland?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    ah, another one of those festival started by saints that in the modern day is celebrated by lots of booze and sex (think valentines, st.patricks, and christmas) days

i rather liked Kilkenny's... hope to visit Eire someday (i'd love to also explore pagan history and origin of faery mythology and that stuff)
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fangorn

ROCK ON !!
  • Reply 9 of 11
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Man my head hurts! ...but it was worth it

Four different bars and too many pints to remember... anyways, hope you all had a good day.

Like the corned beef idea! Fangorn, Americans are welcome in Ireland and we like to show them a good time although we do get quite a few stereotypical 'tourist' types who can get a little irritating at times, but I suppose that happens everywhere.

Think I'll have a few glasses of wine tonight to 'sort the head out'
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by MiMac

Man my head hurts! ...but it was worth it

Four different bars and too many pints to remember... anyways, hope you all had a good day.

Like the corned beef idea! Fangorn, Americans are welcome in Ireland and we like to show them a good time although we do get quite a few stereotypical 'tourist' types who can get a little irritating at times, but I suppose that happens everywhere.

Think I'll have a few glasses of wine tonight to 'sort the head out'

on the topic of booze (or not....) i have a devious question for the Uk and Ireland people... are there more natural redheads (umm.. women, that is) in scotland, ireland or england??? seriously, i'd love to know...
  • Reply 11 of 11
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fangorn

There's Irish blood throughout both sides of my family and some day I want to visit Ireland. What is the general reaction to Americans in Ireland?

Heh. Bushmills is better in North .. here you better drink Paddy's.

Most of the people I know in Ireland dig Americans. At least mine.