Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

It's what I saw. :-D
  • Reply 42 of 48
    Yes because spending millions of dollars an entirely PC based device, where you'll have to redesign everything from scratch anyway is brilliant. Did you even think this through?

Apple has more of a clue than OQO about making small devices and shoving hardware in them. OQO is mostly a couple of guys from various big name vendors who learned their tricks from the likes of Apple and Intel.

Apple will never purchase OQO.

Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

The guys who started OQO were Apple expats, and as far as I've been told, the "Model 01" has been having some technical issues. If Apple were to make a handheld PC, they would probably just buy back OQO, dump the shitty Transmeta CPU for a PPC, and spend some time resolving the current issues.

• Reply 43 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

It's what I saw. :-D

Can you elaborate a bit? Materials, etc. Anything.

Could it have just been the fabled projector?
  • Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:

Yes because spending millions of dollars an entirely PC based device, where you'll have to redesign everything from scratch anyway is brilliant. Did you even think this through?

Apple has more of a clue than OQO about making small devices and shoving hardware in them. OQO is mostly a couple of guys from various big name vendors who learned their tricks from the likes of Apple and Intel.

Apple will never purchase OQO.

I believe they approached Apple with the OQO and were turned down.

I've used a OQO for about 5 minutes. I quite liked it, regardless of the flaws. I certainly didn't enjoy it enough to pay that kind of money for one. It's a compelling piece of hardware, though.

For what I need, on the road, I'd much rather have an OQO sized device than my current Powerbook. I could then justify spending the money on a nice shiny new 20" G5 iMac to save my eyesight at home.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    It was clear plastic. It looked like a small computer board inside as well as a smallish harddrive. i didn't get to touch it.

Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Can you elaborate a bit? Materials, etc. Anything.

Could it have just been the fabled projector?

• Reply 46 of 48
    Quote:

It was clear plastic. It looked like a small computer board inside as well as a smallish harddrive. i didn't get to touch it.

Care to sketch it out for us? Just roughly?

I say: projector, with airport card doing streaming video.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    tokentoken Posts: 142member
    Webmail: It was cool to the touch, but you didn't touch it?!?

Hmm..
  • Reply 48 of 48
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Token

Webmail: It was cool to the touch, but you didn't touch it?!?

Hmm..

Token....I think your nose has sniffed out something rotten in the state of Denmark...

--B