Getting iPod to IGNORE tracks...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
i have the iTrip playlist installed on my iPod so i can fine tune the frequency, but when i shuffle my songs, the tracks that contain the tuning play, and its a really loud, scratchy sound that pierces my ears--anyone who has an iTrip knows what i'm talking about...how can i make it so the only way these tracks play is if i choose them? i don't want them randomly playing. it goes as far as screwing up the station i have the iTrip set to. in iTunes, i've unchecked the boxes next to all the iTrip tracks, but that doesn't seem to be good enough. any suggestions??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    create a smart playlit in itunes that jut has the restriction: artist is NOT griffin technology. then label it all songs, or whatever you like, then shuffle from that playlist.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    trans9btrans9b Posts: 97member
    i have no idea why i didn't think of the smart playlist, so thanks, and this is why appleinsider rocks...if i were to ask that question at Spymac, i'd have to weed through 28 flame posts before i got to actual, useful information...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Trans9B

i have no idea why i didn't think of the smart playlist, so thanks, and this is why appleinsider rocks...if i were to ask that question at Spymac, i'd have to weed through 28 flame posts before i got to actual, useful information...

no prob ya spymac sucks.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    bwhalerbwhaler Posts: 260member
    So true, and so sad, about Spymac.

It used to be a great little community.