Chaning text colour for header in Word X

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I've got the header feature in MS Word X automatically inserting a page no, but it insists on making it grey. Even if I change it using the text colour palette, it still displays grey.

Is it possible to change it or is this another example of MS wanting to control everything ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    skipjackskipjack Posts: 263member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bluedalmatian

I've got the header feature in MS Word X automatically inserting a page no, but it insists on making it grey. Even if I change it using the text colour palette, it still displays grey.

Is it possible to change it or is this another example of MS wanting to control everything ?

I can't try this on Word X right now, 'cause my iBook is in for repair, but I just tried making a header and changing the font color in Word 2004 and the page number changed from grey to the selected color.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Skipjack

I just tried making a header and changing the font color in Word 2004 and the page number changed from grey to the selected color. [/B]

Oh right thanks, well thats the first feature on its list that goes in its favour as far as I'm concerend!

I still dont think its worth the upgrade price just for that though!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Ive just tried it on the Office 2004 Test Drive and it doesn't allow you to change the colour, the behaviour is exactly the same as Word X