Apple reveals iPod Camera Connector, available for pre-order

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Apple today began taking pre-orders for its iPod Camera Connector, which provides a fast and simple way to transfer images from a digital camera to an iPod photo. Apple announced the connector alongside new iPods in February, but did not officially show a photo of the connector until today.

A description of the device on Apple's Web site reads: "Simply plug the iPod Camera Connector into the iPod dock connector, plug your camera's USB cable and watch your images make their way to the iPod, ready to view in a slide show!" The iPod Camera Connector is compatible with iPod photo (30/40/60GB) and requires iPod software v1.1. A list of supported cameras is available from Apple's iPod photo support site.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    lupalupa Posts: 202member
    I can't seem to find the list of supported cameras...
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lupa

I can't seem to find the list of supported cameras...

• Reply 3 of 8
    heh
  • Reply 4 of 8
    I bet the programming in the ipod is to just look for a mass storage drive like iphoto sometimes does with lesser known cameras and downloads the files.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    Does this mean iPods support USB2Go?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    So this is only for iPod photo users? That's a shame
  • Reply 7 of 8
    First post for me after reading this forum for ages, had to jump in once.

My big question is if the iPod connector can also be used on others than the photo iPod. I know it says for use with the iPod photo on the apple website, but just wondering.

I currently have a 20Gb 4G clickwheel ipod and in the main menu it says "photo import" (3rd option, right under extras). When i open this a new screen comes up with the header of "photos". there is no way of accessing this from my mac, at least not that i have found.

would this connector work or enable this option?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    this SUCKS