Macworld Boston 97 Keynote???

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone know where I might find a video of the full thing? I realise it's going to be on tape rather than on the web in all likelihood and I'd pay for a copy to be made if I can track one down.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    zenatekzenatek Posts: 203member
    can I ask why?
  • Reply 2 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by zenatek

can I ask why?

out of interest. steve jobs hd only just returned. apple was in a terrible mess and it would be interesting to contrast the tone and the way jobs presents with the upbeat tone of todays keynotes.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by bluedalmatian

out of interest. steve jobs hd only just returned. apple was in a terrible mess and it would be interesting to contrast the tone and the way jobs presents with the upbeat tone of todays keynotes.

Is that the keynote with Bill Gates? The one where he was on the big screen and people were booing...or did this event even exist?
  • Reply 4 of 14
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Anyone want the light-black and gray-print t-shirt from that expo? I don't think I wore it once. That was back when I was telling myself I was still a size "Medium".

Place a bid in a PM.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

No... the Gates show would have been after the iMac, which was released in 1998, IIRC.

It would indeed be interesting to see what the reaction to Steve was like before the iMac was released, and what Apple's emphasized product was.

Actually, if you specifically want to see Bill gates on the large screen beeing booed at, it was Boston 97, just after the 5 year deal with Apple was struck in August. The iMac came quite a while after in May 98

Quote:

and what Apple's emphasized product was.

There wasnt anything to announce I dont think. Steve had to buy some time with

"i'm a product guy and i beleive if you build great products, people will respond to that, and i can tell you we're working on some great products"
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Just for shits, i watched some of the 2004 MWSF. Pretty funny, they were approaching 30 million sold songs (1.9 m a day) and going for the 100 million per year goal.

And to think now their aiming for a billion a year.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    I thought he was at the boston 97 because thats the one imitated in Pirates of the Silicon Valley.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    mac writemac write Posts: 289member
    Fact: BIll Gates appeared via satellite during the MacWorld Boston 1997 keynote.

I have the clip from that keynote, I would like the entire keynote though.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    VWtapes did the audio and video recordings for MacWorld Expo Boston '97. You can try contacting them to see if they'd be willing to sell you a copy of the keynote video.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    feraliferali Posts: 175member
    is there some sort of archive for any expo videos?
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by King Chung Huang

VWtapes did the audio and video recordings for MacWorld Expo Boston '97. You can try contacting them to see if they'd be willing to sell you a copy of the keynote video.

ta very much
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by King Chung Huang

they've no longer got it
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by bluedalmatian

they've no longer got it

That's too bad. I got some of the past keynote tapes from them several years ago. Unfortunately, the Boston '97 keynote wasn't one of them.