The things I hate most about iPhoto

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
1. Antialiasing is way too high.

Every photo looks like it's out of focus, no matter how sharp the original.

2. No way to preview at 100% to see details.

Why the hell isn't there a way to zoom to 100%?

3. No way to preview the photo full screen.

Why isn't this a feature?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Recently ordered a 16x20 print of a PSD through iPhoto for a customer. Never thought to change contrast to highlight miscellaneous background detail or anything. It looked good... why bother, right? When it came my "black" background was completely scattered with reds and other noise iPhoto wouldn't display even at the highest zoom. Needless to say, I checked with another program and there all of it was. Won't make that mistake again.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    iApp discussions go in Applications.

Moving...
  • Reply 3 of 12
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Excellent points. Especially the fact there is no way to Full Screen a photo unless you want to Slideshow. And the antialiasing is damn annoying. Wish you could turn that off.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

1. Antialiasing is way too high.

Every photo looks like it's out of focus, no matter how sharp the original.

3. No way to preview the photo full screen.

Why isn't this a feature?

Total agreement with all of those points, the inability to view an image at 100% is tragic ( you need to use an external editor ).

The new red eye reduction is next to useless. I end up with red cresents after it has done its thing. The old red eye was much better ( but you needed to be careful about not getting other red things in the selection box ). Not only did it do a better job, but it is easier to drag the box than to hit the eye, without having to zoom in all the way.

How an obvious way to return to the gallery view from the edit view, without clicking the done button and saving your changes.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    all said +

no password protecting certain albums
  • Reply 6 of 12
    j@ffaj@ffa Posts: 56member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

all said +

You can if you go to iPhoto preferences, in pretty much the same way you can only share certain iTunes playlists.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

all said +

don't look at my pRon.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    I don't like the way it doesn't let you zoom 100% either. I should be able to see the full size of my picture if I want too.

And it's very slow when dealing with large images and with a large library. Picasa from Google can handle them just fine.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    digihdigih Posts: 21member
    Hi everybody,

Right clicking on an image an choosing the 'Edit in separate window' option will open up a window with all the usual Edit option, plus an extra 'Size' popup which also allows to choose a 100% display.

A bit of a roundabout way but I hope this helps.

I completely agree with the antialiasing, there should be a pref to be able to switch it off.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    for me, editing a photo is freaking slow on version 5, i have over 1000 photos.

memory hog, easy eat up 170mb "private memory"
  • Reply 11 of 12
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Don't forget that you can't copy slideshows easlily from one computer to another. I wish you could extract all the photo's and slide show to a folder so your slide show could be easily shown on othe mac's.

But the fuzzy out of focus look on every photo SUCKS!

Eric