Safari bookmarks>Firefox

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm using the new version of firefox and want to import my safari bookmarks. i don't care for firefox, but my friends use it when they're over. i tried using the "import" feature, but, in true firefox style, it doesn't do anything. it's essentially a blank pop-up window. suggestions (related to my problem, not about which browser to use)?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    First of all, you need to export your Safari bookmarks. It will export them to a document that will be labeled "bookmarks.html" and then use the Import feature in Firefox.

Just becuase you don't know how to do it, does not mean it's 'true Firefox style'. Learn.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Having not used Firefox in a while, nor ever using the Import feature, this is a shot in the dark, but...

Presenting the user with a 'blank pop-up sheet' when they could use a standard Open dialog isn't exactly good UI, IMO. Perhaps that's what he meant. *shrug*
  • Reply 3 of 7
    This is what I get when I click on "Import". You choose "From File", and then find the 'bookmarks.html' file wherever you saved it, and it imports them.

• Reply 4 of 7
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    ya that pop-up window is blank for me.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    What do you mean? You think it's blank because of its UI, or does it not display the "From File" bit seen in the pic above?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

What do you mean? You think it's blank because of its UI, or does it not display the "From File" bit seen in the pic above?

it doesnt display the 'from file,' so i have no way of getting past that screen.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I see. I guess something's wrong with it. A re-install maybe?