Quicktime > Toast problem - images 15% bigger

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi

I've just got a Lacie D2 DVD-RW with Toast 6 Titanium

I've been making an animation in flash and exporting it as a quicktime .mov (using animation compression because the others seem pixelly ?!? ) and render it at 720x576 or 800x600.

I drop the animation into toast and burn to dvd. PAL, not autoplay, no menu.

When I play it in Apple DVD player it works fine.

When I play it in a TV DVD player it zooms in on the video by about 15% so cuts off the my text etc. ?!!?!

Any ideas what could be the problem ?

Thanks

David

www.davidjennings.co.uk

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Someone doesn't know about title/action safe areas... TVs crop off a significant portion of the outer frame. I don't know why, maybe at one point (decades ago) there was a good reason for this... but nowadays it's just annoying.

Here's a set of title safe templates you can use within Flash to work with a variety of sets (ntsc, hdtv, plus some other useful stuff) to help keep all of your work within the frame.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by SS3 GokouX

Someone doesn't know about title/action safe areas... TVs crop off a significant portion of the outer frame. I don't know why, maybe at one point (decades ago) there was a good reason for this... but nowadays it's just annoying.

Here's a set of title safe templates you can use within Flash to work with a variety of sets (ntsc, hdtv, plus some other useful stuff) to help keep all of your work within the frame.

Thanks for the reply - didn't know about that - the files didn't work unfortunately (probably because I have flash mx rather that 2004). Is there any way I can change the document size without having to adjust my flash objects?

Thanks

David
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I've replaced the zip file with plain MX versions, re-download it and it should work.

If you change the stage size (from either the properties palette, or just command-J), all your objects should stay the same size.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Great!! Thank you

Those files work perfectly - thanks for taking the trouble to do it again

David