Nintendo: Revolution & free DS online service

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 80
    Taco John,

In reply to my earlier posts, I bought a 2 month old Platinum Gamecube bundled with Resident Evil 4 for $89 on eBay. Pretty good eh?
  • Reply 62 of 80
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanMacMan

Taco John,

In reply to my earlier posts, I bought a 2 month old Platinum Gamecube bundled with Resident Evil 4 for $89 on eBay. Pretty good eh?

Sweet! I absolutely loved that game! The graphics and voice acting are superb. I'd have to say one of the best games I've ever played- it goes down in the history books in my opinion.

Currently I'm enjoying Doom 3 on my iMac and Super Mario World on my GBA. I need to get back into Metroid Prime 2, I'm about 1/2 through that game....
  • Reply 63 of 80
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Is the PSP beating the gameboy?

(DS != gameboy)

PSP is to gameboy like the iPod is to the cassette walkman.

It is a product that Apple could have made.
  • Reply 64 of 80
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

Currently I'm enjoying Doom 3 on my iMac and Super Mario World on my GBA. I need to get back into Metroid Prime 2, I'm about 1/2 through that game....

I finished Metroid Prime 2 about a week ago and I think it is one of the best games I've ever played. I had to make myself stick with it, otherwise I could have played 1/2 way through, stopped to do something else, and never gotten back in to it due to loss of skill from not playing console games. That happened with me for Metroid Prime 1 and I still haven' finished it. I should finish it now while my Metroid skills are still in their prime.

Looks like I'll try and pickup Doom 3 today though. Why work when I can play?
  • Reply 65 of 80
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Oh Wow. This argument was like the one I had about the Sega Master System vs the NES, back in 7th grade.

• Reply 66 of 80
    Quote:

that might be the name of the game in your corrupt little mind but sometimes i like to believe there are still people with souls left in the world

We're talking about corporations here, they're not people; they have no souls. Their sole purpose to to make money.

Quote:

dbz is out or about to come out for gamecube and xbox, GTA is out or about to come out for xbox (i dont keep up)

WRONG AGAIN! The only Budokai that is out for the Gamecube is the first one, and it doesn't look like they'll be porting Budokai 2,3 and Sagas to the Gamecube anytime soon.

Quote:

6800 did not beat the x800 in all benchmarks, they beat each other in certain categories, over all however ati owns nVidia, this is proven by gamecube, this is proven by apple laptops, this is proven by history. also, dont just compare 2 chips and then assume that is valid justification

And again you're wrong! nVidia chipsets run the Xbox whose graphics far outpace those on the gamecube. And for the record, did you not start off comparing ati and nVidia without valid justifications?

Quote:

wow that is pathetic logic at its best

How is it pathetic logic? If I can get someone to buy some crappy ass product and make tons of money off of it I am a genius. A marketing genius, but a genius nonetheless. Afterall this is what Microsoft does all the time with Windows.

Quote:

like to think nintendo isnt completely selfish, apple also isnt selfish but theyre very slowly heading in that direction, hopefuly these are just small exceptions in a sea of goodness. money without a doubt corrupts, and no human in any of their positions would act different, however, nintendo IMO has proven itself to be very honorable

Again, they're corporations, they're supposed to be selfish and greedy b/c the only purpose of a corporation is to MAKE MONEY!!!! And how is nintendo honorable.

Quote:

i am above you, thats why i can pass judgement. you like the playstation controller cuz thats what youve been using for the past 10 years

How can you be above me when your always wrong?! And by the way that's blasphemy, noone is above me, for I AM SUPREME! And yes that's what I've been using for the past 10 years and you will be too once Sony rolls over and grinds nintendo into nothingness.

Quote:

wind waker is one of the greatest games EVER. you actually feel like youre living the life of a cartoon character, it was GENIUS and one of the most addicting games ive ever played in my life along with ninja gaiden and RE4, paper mario is also one of the highest rated games and its not even completely 3d lmao, halo was the most overrated garbage i have ever played and it was very easy aside from that fact. im very dissapointed to hear that you consider halo the best, this just shows how well propaganda works in america. waiting for (literally)10 minutes for elevators to go down because of loading, walking back and forth waiting for enemies to pop out when the loading is finished, no bosses, same character models, levels and vehicles as part 1, and i could go on forever. multiplayer is decent however

Why the fuck would I want to be a cartoon character? And if I was going to be a cartoon, I wouldn't want to be Link (at least not the way he looks in wind waker), I'd be Goku from DBZ 'cause Goku kicks ass! And how is paper mario one of the highest rated games ever? Who was it rated by, you? If so it does not matter since you don't count. And I can pass that judgement because I am above you!

Quote:

the cell shading works with dbz and zelda both you are just a rectum licker for sony, the cell shading is a lot more realistic for zelda also and IMO zelda is one of the most UNDERRATED games ever

It's not underrated it has such poor ratings because it's garbage. More realistic? The kid's head is about the same size as the rest of his body. How is that realistic?
  • Reply 67 of 80
    Are you 13?

Don't you have to be in school?
  • Reply 68 of 80
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    If you two can't continue this discussion without personal attacks you won't be able to discuss things anymore. This is your warning.
  • Reply 69 of 80
    Well guys,

I finally got my hands on a PSP this weekend. I got to play it for a few minutes. I must say I came away a little disappointed with the system.

I was expecting a super bright crisp screen, but it wasn't super bright and had some major ghosting issues.

Do anyone know if the PSP has one of the trans-reflective screens so you can see it in direct sunlight? It didn't seem like it did, but I wouldn't think Sony would ship it without one considering it's a portable.

The loading time was standard PS2 unbearable. I just wanted to play! Not wait while my battery is quickly draining.

The unit was bigger than I thought it was going to be too.

So after coming home I decided to go out today and buy a DS and Wario Ware: Touch!. The DS's screen, be it smaller, is much brighter and doesn't suffer from the PSP's ghosting. But I don't picture the DS as a competitor to the PSP, the PSP was like oh I'm playing a Playstation in my hands right now. yawn.

Anyway- just thought I'd let everyone know how my experience was. If you're looking to get a PSP make sure you check places like Meijer, Wal-Mart, etc. Our Meijer had about 30 systems in stock on Friday. And I'm hearing places like Wal-Mart and stuff have tons available too.

Peace

-taco
  • Reply 70 of 80
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Protostar will have a rebuttal right after he gets his allowance this week and takes a hammer to his piggy bank.
  • Reply 71 of 80
    Seriously, the N64 controller had to be the best controller ever designed...

It layed perfectly in your hands, and you had supreme control of all buttons!
  • Reply 72 of 80
    Apparently the hype surrounding the PSP launch was a bit overstated. G4 tv had a bit last night about how you could get one virtually anywhere. Now Taco John reports an ample supply in mid-Michigan. It appears that people were either turned off by the godawful pricepoint, or the lack of quality games/innovation of the PSP. Who the hell wants an overpriced, oversized, slow, short battery lived, swiss army knife of electronic jack-of-all-tradeness? Certainly not I.
  • Reply 73 of 80
    The PSP looks really cool. $250 for a hand held game system, eh, I'd get more use out of a second ipod.
  • Reply 74 of 80
    Quote:

Who the hell wants an overpriced, oversized, slow, short battery lived, swiss army knife of electronic jack-of-all-tradeness? Certainly not I.

Overpriced? Maybe for you, but I certainly feel that I got good value for money.

Oversized? Not sure your argument holds much weight there. The PSP is 170mm x 74mm x 23mm. The DS is 148mm x 84mm x 28mm. By volume alone, the DS is larger. Considering you also don't have to unfold the PSP to use it, the PSP wins that argument.

Slow? I'm sure you're talking about load times here, and yup, the DS wins that easily.

Short Battery Life? I played Ridge Racer for just under 5.5 hours on one charge. It's not as good as the DS, but if the trade-off is the large gap in game/screen quality, I'll continue to leave my DS unused in my desk.

Swiss Army Knife? Heh. Nintendo seems to be the company transforming their game machine into a jack-of-all-trades. I'm sure you've read the recent rumours about Nintendo licensing software from Palm. Granted, the inclusion of a touch screen makes some PIM functions a no-brainer. It should also be noted that Nintendo are releasing a media player for the SP & DS. Who's extending the machine past a game machine into the realm of PDA? I'd call this one a tie.
  • Reply 75 of 80
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    You have good rebuttals there. I confess that I am not a mobile gamer and have no real knowledge of the genre other than what I read in the news or see on G4. And certainly I wasnt defending the DS. I was just voicing my general observations of the PSP from what I have read or seen.
  • Reply 76 of 80
    Quote:

You have good rebuttals there. I confess that I am not a mobile gamer and have no real knowledge of the genre other than what I read in the news or see on G4. And certainly I wasnt defending the DS. I was just voicing my general observations of the PSP from what I have read or seen.

you cant have an opinion when its against sony! just like homosexuality, you cant have an opinion unless its a positive one! otherwise youre insecure homophobe bigot etc
  • Reply 77 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by sickoperationz

you cant have an opinion when its against sony! just like homosexuality, you cant have an opinion unless its a positive one! otherwise youre insecure homophobe bigot etc

I'm convinced.

It's time to sell all of my Sony gear, before I'm called a bigot!

Is the Spongebob Squarepants game available for the DS?

• Reply 78 of 80
    Here are some videos I took of me playing my DS- the game is Wario Ware and it's a TON of fun!

One of the mini games (Slice)

The regular game

Some of the funny extras

Peace

-taco
  • Reply 79 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

Here are some videos I took of me playing my DS- the game is Wario Ware and it's a TON of fun!

One of the mini games (Slice)

The regular game

Some of the funny extras

Peace

-taco

That's the only game that I've played, on my DS, since last Thursday.
  • Reply 80 of 80
    hehe cool