Will Tiger feel faster?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 71
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Luckily Apple thought ahead with the iTunes resize slowness. Try command-clicking to resize to do it quicker the old fashioned way.
  • Reply 62 of 71
    Resizing the main window in iPhoto is even worse than in iTunes.
  • Reply 63 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by Endymion

Luckily Apple thought ahead with the iTunes resize slowness. Try command-clicking to resize to do it quicker the old fashioned way.

That's actually reversed on slower computers. I wish some other programs would do that too.
  • Reply 64 of 71
    I think only G4 and newer machines do the live resizing in iTunes.
  • Reply 65 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

The fastest Mac doesn't resize iTunes without a small lag. Which Mac do you have so I can buy it tomorrow?

Can't speak for that person, but I have a new 1.2 Mini with the bare 256mb and windows resize fast. iTunes' slow window resizing is a problem with the program itself.

I think Apple has intentionally covered up the need to defrag your hard drive with techno-babble smoke and mirrors. Maybe they're too lazy to write one, or they bought the "Unix doesn't need defragging" urban legend. I've read where they say, "OSX doesn't need it because of Unix this and that, blah blah blah..." but try this: either use a defrag utility or backup, wipe your drive and start over. 8)
  • Reply 66 of 71
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    not only do we get it, but we get it usually as a download a week or so before it's available to purchase or announced ;-)

Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

They do.

• Reply 67 of 71
    zenatekzenatek Posts: 203member
    Quote:

Originally posted by inslider

I think Apple has intentionally covered up the need to defrag your hard drive with techno-babble smoke and mirrors. Maybe they're too lazy to write one, or they bought the "Unix doesn't need defragging" urban legend. I've read where they say, "OSX doesn't need it because of Unix this and that, blah blah blah..." but try this: either use a defrag utility or backup, wipe your drive and start over. 8)

Are you serious?
  • Reply 68 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by atomicham

I am still trying to recover my breath from reading this.

Huh, heh, heh, you said "sack".

Oh BTW, OS X already defrags smaller files on the fly, and it concentrates frequently used files into a "hot zone" on the HD for optimum performance. Defragging and optimizing with Norton or TechTool would only slow OS X down. However file access speed has nothing to do with window resizing.
  • Reply 69 of 71
    Yea window resizing is something the engineers should work on, not because it will improve productivity or improve your ability to navigate windows much, but because it is the most obvious indicator of a slower UI that will continue to give windows users something to whine about.
  • Reply 70 of 71
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Imergingenious

Yea window resizing is something the engineers should work on, not because it will improve productivity or improve your ability to navigate windows much, but because it is the most obvious indicator of a slower UI that will continue to give windows users something to whine about.

it also gives you the impression your computer is slower.
  • Reply 71 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

oh, please.

i dont mind there are two gods besides. hehe.