Amazon offers $35 off Mac OS X "Tiger" pre-orders

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

That is normal at Apple.com. Obviously, I do not believe non-students or employees of schools should do this, but the online system only asks for your school. If you go to the Apple Store, they will probably ask for an ID.

Hmm... seems a bit too easy in my opinion.
  • Reply 22 of 37
    telekontelekon Posts: 54member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ic1male

If this offer is only for pre-orders UP TO May 31, that suggests to me that Tiger's launch will be between 1 and 30 June...

Don't be so sure. Rebates can be withdrawn as quickly as they are offered. I think this is Apple trying to reduce web-wide speculation of an April launch, prior to them actually releasing it. After all Mac mini would have been even more of an amazing revelation if we hadn't already known it was being announced on the day it was!
  • Reply 23 of 37
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by krankerz

What are you talking about? I'm still seeing it.

Yep, now it seems back up for some reason. It was gone yesterday afternoon, as I went to my shopping cart and it said "We no longer offer this". Checked this morning, its back up. Hmmm.
  • Reply 24 of 37
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by telekon

Don't be so sure. Rebates can be withdrawn as quickly as they are offered. I think this is Apple trying to reduce web-wide speculation of an April launch, prior to them actually releasing it. After all Mac mini would have been even more of an amazing revelation if we hadn't already known it was being announced on the day it was!

I don't know what Apple's smoking, but I hope its not the same stuff you are! There's a huge difference between the mini and Tiger. Tiger's been talked about for years, everyone knows its coming, and it should be out in the next three months (according to apple). There's no 'surprise' value to be had. Its hard to imagine anyone having their iPod socks knocked off their feet if they saw on apple's page on monday "Tiger's released!" Now, without the leaks and all, I can imagine that happening with the mini (there was some of that when people saw how small it really was, but that's true with all of apple's products - they say the iPod mini looks and feels so much smaller in person then when you saw the original pics online).
  • Reply 25 of 37
    skyboltskybolt Posts: 111member
    FWIW - I pre-ordered Tiger yesterday from Amazon, printed my rebate form, and was told that estimated shipping date is May 24. My order still reflects that today. We'll see when it actually ships!
  • Reply 26 of 37
    I pre-order on 3/24 for Amazon, but could not get my A9 discount applied to the order. I reset Safari and signed into Amazon twice without any luck.
  • Reply 27 of 37
    Tiger is again available for pre-order with a $35 rebate from Amazon. Ordered today (3/26).

gc
  • Reply 28 of 37
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    This is a great deal. Especially if you're an Amazon prime member, like myself, for you get your free 2-day shipping, or next day shipping for $4. However, I still can't decide, if I want to get from Amazon, or Apple (once they have it available for preorder). If it was like iLife 05 and iWork, Apple might ship them enough before the release date that people get them a couple days early.
  • Reply 29 of 37
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    what mac won't tiger work on, i've got a slot loading dv g3??
  • Reply 30 of 37
    Looks like Tiger is now the #1 seller in both Amazon Software & Amazon Electronics!

And it's not even out yet.
  • Reply 31 of 37
    tiger in pre-order point to near relase date!! yeha 8) !!

also tiger missing manual is in pre order, good april to horizon
  • Reply 32 of 37
    bazzlerbazzler Posts: 11member
    June 11th ship date!!
  • Reply 33 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by bazzler

June 11th ship date!!

Bazzler, Amazon is simply putting the later and later ship dates to make sure they don't get in trouble. Don't worry about that date.
  • Reply 34 of 37
    bazzlerbazzler Posts: 11member
    Ok
  • Reply 35 of 37
    And the promotion is no more. LOL, way to blow the secret lol.
  • Reply 36 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

And the promotion is no more. LOL, way to blow the secret lol.

The $35 rebate has been back up for two days. It is Amazon #1 selling Software title, so I don't understand what you mean by promotion being over. It looks like Amazon will offer this through the end of May
  • Reply 37 of 37
    mjuchtermjuchter Posts: 20member
    Question: If I were to buy a copy of an Apple OS as a "Family Pack", does anyone know if I could burn copies of the DVD? I travel a lot, and one of the computers I'd be putting Tiger on would be my laptop. The other would be my family's desktop Mac at home. I would like to be able to have a copy of the DVD with me in my laptop case and leave one at home, and not have to worry about which one is where. But if the copy wouldn't function, that wouldn't help.

Has anyone had any experience with eariler versions of the OS and the Family Pack? Could someone possibly test this theory?