iTunes Visuals

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Is there a way to get the visuals out of the computer and onto a tv?

Probably a siimple answer, thanks though....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 206amphib

Is there a way to get the visuals out of the computer and onto a tv?

Probably a siimple answer, thanks though....

the easiest way is to mirror your desktop using one of the apple video adapters. it treats the composite/s-video output like a display, so you hook that up to your tv and youre set. i wish you could leave the library on one montior and do vis on the other.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    tb6387tb6387 Posts: 59member
    Quote:

i wish you could leave the library on one montior and do vis on the other.

Although it was not on a Mac, I once had a similar setup using winamp. The visualizer was a seperate window and I set the screens not to mirror but create one large desktop that streched across both screens then just dragged the visuals window over to my TV. It worked well until my video card blew up for some reason. But anyway to getting this working on a Mac, you know how you can double click on a playlist and it comes up in a new window, would it be possible to do that with a similar setup to the aforementioned and just drag the visuals window over. Or, now that I think about it, do it the opposite way, make a playlist, open it in a new window, leave that on your computer's desktop and drag the main iTunes window over to your TV and turn on the visualizer. Sorry if that is worded a little wierd if its confusing I can restate it.