Why doesn't Paris, France have a store?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was just over there and went to Apple's website looking for store locations in France. none came up and I was dissapointed because I have yet to visit an Apple store.

ERic

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    The only European Apple store is in London. Sorry.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    sayheysayhey Posts: 49member
    Not too long ago, Apple VP in charge of retail Ron Johnson, talked about the five locations that are the most prestigious for a retailer worldwide. He listed Regent Street in London, the Ginza in Tokyo, North Michigan in Chicago, Fifth Ave. in New York City, and the Champs Elysées in Paris. The first three have Apple stores and the fourth has one being built in the GM Building, so that leaves only the Paris location as the one of Johnson's dream locations sans an Apple store. I'm betting on an announcement soon.

Oh, before I get flamed by those who are partisans of Berlin, Rome, or Amsterdam, etc. - I didn't make up this list; Johnson did.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sayhey

Not too long ago, Apple VP in charge of retail Ron Johnson, talked about the five locations that are the most prestigious for a retailer worldwide. He listed Regent Street in London, the Ginza in Tokyo, North Michigan in Chicago, Fifth Ave. in New York City, and the Champs Elysées in Paris. The first three have Apple stores and the fourth has one being built in the GM Building, so that leaves only the Paris location as the one of Johnson's dream locations sans an Apple store. I'm betting on an announcement soon.

Oh, before I get flamed by those who are partisans of Berlin, Rome, or Amsterdam, etc. - I didn't make up this list; Johnson did.

The Champs Elysees is the natural choice. The Champs Elysees at night defines the word "savy".

ERic
  • Reply 4 of 6
    nathan22tnathan22t Posts: 317member
    they are waiting for the right location

they are taking it slow and they are very patient
  • Reply 5 of 6
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Champs Elysee is nice on a post card but I *HATE* going there.

The typical shopper is a middle-lower income person that go to the Virgin mega store and FNAC mega store.

There are also the "Louis Vuitton" and Gucci stores etc, but the vast majority of people you see on the streets are really unpleasant "suburb" people (from the bainlieu). There are then the general tourists and a lot of Japanese and Middle Eastern tourists.

It really really depends at what height you put the store. There is just that area, those 500 yards, of Champs that will ruin your reputation... and if its too far away... no one will go to it.

Here's to hoping that Apple knows what its doing.

I'd more see a Paris store by the Opera/Hausmann area... or a funky one in the Marais (kinda SoHo-ish area)