Apple posts Tiger documentation, $35 Amazon rebate resurfaces

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Preparing for the release of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger," Apple this weekend continued to jazz its Web site with new material from the next-generation OS. The most recent additions are three lengthy technology preview PDFs that read like user manuals: Spotlight Technology Preview (1.3MB), Dashboard Technology Preview (1.4MB), and Windows Compatability Technical Preview (920KB). In related news, Amazon.com is once again accepting pre-orders for Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" for US$130 with a $35 mail-in rebate that brings the price down to US$95.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    That Dashboard doc is a good read. (And it's not new: it has been prominently linked on the Tiger Dashboard page for months. Maybe they've added the same link to some other page now.)
  • Reply 2 of 9
    the Windows Compatability Technical Preview is also not new. i read that at least two months ago.

oh well.. still have hope Tiger'll be announced April 1
  • Reply 3 of 9
    denmarudenmaru Posts: 208member
    I wonder... if I preorder this version, will it also sport a german UI?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I preordered yesterday.

Note: When you receive your order confirmation e-mail from Amazon, it will give you an estimated ship date. In order to keep Apple's official announcement date a secret, this is just a general date(May 28, to be exact.)

Once Apple announces Tiger officially(assuming Amazon listing this NOW, indicates that the April 1st rumors are true) the ship date will be updated.

Just keeping you posted!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    10.3.8 killed my wifes pc from sharing my iMac's printer. I can't get it working again.

I hope 10.3.9 or Tiger helps this out because seting up a printer on a PC that is on a Mac is not anywhere near seamless.

Eric
  • Reply 6 of 9
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Denmaru

I wonder... if I preorder this version, will it also sport a german UI?

Yes.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    ah... apple always likes putting in the subtle stuff

The picture of the Stock Widget in the preview shows apple stocks at 124 dollars, pixar at 119, and microsoft at 18 bucks...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

10.3.8 killed my wifes pc from sharing my iMac's printer. I can't get it working again.

I hope 10.3.9 or Tiger helps this out because seting up a printer on a PC that is on a Mac is not anywhere near seamless.

Eric

AMEN, I have yet to figure it out, it is so weird, I can see the printer - name and model number over smb, and can connect to it, but when I send a job to the que (on a windows rig) it alignes the cartrages and feeds a page...then stops - no print! WTF???
  • Reply 9 of 9
    bill mbill m Posts: 324member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

Eric

10.3.8 also messed up printing to my HP AIO (PSC 2410), which was solved by updating the printer driver. Try checking your printer manufacturer's website for the latest driver.