Powerbook Memory Compatability

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey all,

Does anybody know if the memory from my old TiBook (the special low-profile memory you needed to get for it) will work in my new, on-its-way-to-my-door Superdrive Powerbook?

I don't know much about memory, and I want to be sure it's right before I go shoving something in where it doesn't belong...

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    spudspud Posts: 25member
    Quote:

Originally posted by spud

Hey all,

Does anybody know if the memory from my old TiBook (the special low-profile memory you needed to get for it) will work in my new, on-its-way-to-my-door Superdrive Powerbook?

I don't know much about memory, and I want to be sure it's right before I go shoving something in where it doesn't belong...

Thanks.

I may have just answered my own question. looking around online it looks like the Tibook takes 144-pin memory, where the new guys take 200-pin.

Speaking of which, anybody have recommendations for where to buy cheep/reliable 512-MB memory for the new powerbooks?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Spud,

It might not be the cheapest, but I recommend crucial.com. They do have free shipping. Do not go through their computer find though. Just click "2700" on the left left panel, and then buy the 200-pin SODIMM 512MB ($85.99).

If you go through the computer finder, they charge you more.