Azureus traffic shaping is da bomb!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I use GnomeBitTorrent and I get 100 kb/s regularly on a 1.7 Mb/s connection. It's a very minimalist BitTorrent client which a very simple interface and no bloat.

I like it much better than Azureus, which, I must say is nice too, but a bit resource hungry.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    This is sunilraman's original post:

Quote:

I am very impressed by Azureus traffic shaping on the Mac, it seems to be an excellent BitTorrent client, aside from some minor issues you may experience. I also like being able to throttle down the upload on a particular file, because that generally de-prioritises it. But watching the traffic shaping on the Statistics window brings me peace and joy, when i see it blasting at that 40kb/sec* i know i'm getting my broadband money's worth Also the global upload capping is good to keep the uploading traffic about 2/3rds of the global download speed, as is recommended by the BitTorrent gurus.

*not fantastic for some of you speed whores but i'm sharing broadband with my neighbour and i want to leave headroom for my own surfing, isync, mail, etc. (my broadband promised by telco as 1mbpsdown/512kup but real numbers are probably half-ish of that)

• Reply 2 of 2
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Does anyone know an easy way to limit Blizzard Downloader's throughput?