Microsoft Keynote

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Hey Tiger crashed on Steve Jobs at MacWorld San Fran.

"Keep the bits in perspective" is the mantra.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Hey Tiger crashed on Steve Jobs at MacWorld San Fran.

"Keep the bits in perspective" is the mantra.

two key differances: steve had a backup ready to go at the flip of a switch, no f***ing arround with conan, and most importantly, the Gates demo was of a released to market OS and app set in WXPMCE, Steve was testing a "private beta (open to apple internal and a few high paying ADC members)" of tiger which wasn't to be released for like 4 months after the show and may not have even gone gold by today, a full 2+ omonths after the show.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    I wouldn't worry too much about MegaShaft, they have gotten too big to function effectively, and will need an attitude adjustment of IBM proportions to bring them back to reality. All that company wants is money, they stopped even bothering to innovate after NT -- the rest is frosting.

It is my understanding that LongHorn is yet another bolt-on solution to their codebase. I would imagine that after their attitude adjustment in 5-10 years they will have to pull an OS X, but at that point Linux will be robust enough to basically analogically mimick the V-8 technology in your average internal combustion engine -- which means that if you need a PCish system you'll have a nicely customized solution. Also, I don't think their unholy alliance/puppmaster/mafioso 'relationship' with Sun is going to pan out either.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    objra10objra10 Posts: 679member
    not new news. Already been talked about here