What is your OSX uptime?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    sroachsroach Posts: 105member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dobby

uptime?

No I'm looking for how many hours a machine was used for. Across reboots and all.

uptime show how long the machine has been up with out a reboot or shutdown.

What I am looking for is how do I know how many hours I have used my MAC in total is.
  • Reply 42 of 54
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    iBook uptime: 8:06 up 3 days, 10:46, 2 users, load averages: 0.27 0.36 0.26

iMac - 23:00 up 6 days, 15:12, 2 users, load averages: 1.40 0.39 0.14

eric
  • Reply 43 of 54
    ulmoulmo Posts: 21member
    12:51 up 38 mins, 2 users, load averages: 0.17 0.33 0.32

'cause it just downloaded a new security update and rebooted.

I have a Windows Server 2003 file server in work that has been up and running for over 8 months, probably because it is kept away from the Internet.
  • Reply 44 of 54
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sroach

No I'm looking for how many hours a machine was used for. Across reboots and all.

What I am looking for is how do I know how many hours I have used my MAC in total is.

If you had auditing on OSX (Bad Apple no Audit!) this this could show you that. Apple still can't be arsed making their OS corporate compliant which is why they will never beat other vendors despite having excellent hardware and user GUI.

Dobby.
  • Reply 45 of 54
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    NEW RECORD!

10:25 up 42 mins, 2 users, load averages: 1.26 1.48 1.44

Having a PowerBook means that I don't want to leave it on too much!
  • Reply 46 of 54
    up 2 days, 18 mins, 2 users, load averages: 2.74 2.51 2.21

My iMac had been on for about two weeks, but the power went out or something Saturday night/Sunday morning. So now I'm at a small 2 days. Oh well. My load averages seem bigger than most. Maybe it's because I'm running so much crap though (3 tabs in Safari, iChat, Mail, VirusScan, and SETI@Home).
  • Reply 47 of 54
    Uptime on iMac G4, 17", 1GHz, 1GB...

11:05 up 17:37, 2 users, load averages: 0.52 0.49 0.47

Just got it back from the shop yesterday ... had a new neck put on it. I only have to restart after installs or software updates ... no uptime records for me
  • Reply 48 of 54
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Latest update

12:50 up 13 days, 3:49, 2 users, load averages: 1.21 0.65 0.44

I'm ready for that to be reset, with either 10.3.9, or Tiger. Please Apple...
  • Reply 49 of 54
    The really important statistic is not just uptime but the last time you were forced to reboot by a faulty bit of software or hardware.

As for me I have never been forced to reboot my G5 dual 2gig. My wife had a G3 iBook which died with the well known faulty logic board. Her new G4 iBook has only had one forced reboot, when she accidentally flattened its battery.

The only Mac hardware failure I have had (other than the iBook) was a 1710AV monitor which was renowned for being nasty. But Apple replaced it promptly and I no further problems.

Not bad for 13 years and 11 Macs, some of which are still in use by other family members.
  • Reply 50 of 54
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Argh. I had to restart last night. Powerbook has issues about returning from sleep, sometimes, when connected to external display. Everything goes black, and it refuses to even go back to sleep. You have to hold down the power button, which turns the power off after a few seconds.

Maybe Tiger and 10.3.9 will fix these issues.
  • Reply 51 of 54
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    13:43 up 4 days, 8:04, 2 users, load averages: 0.49 0.44 0.25
  • Reply 52 of 54
    18:48 up 20 days, 34 mins, 1 user, load averages: 0.51 0.22 0.09

The record for this computer is 33 days 18 hours 17 minutes.

I am enough of a dork that I still use Vanity Dockling....

The link for it is: http://homepage.mac.com/bernardi/MainMacOSX.html

--Tom
  • Reply 53 of 54
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sroach

I'd like to know the same, anyone?
  • Reply 54 of 54
    tekmatetekmate Posts: 134member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zenatek

Turning it on and off is deffinetly worse then leaving it on all the time.

The tempurature changes as well as the mechanical changes in turning it on and off are not good.

Here's the thing they did studies few years back that proved a computer ran longer if left on all the time. The rub here is you aren't using it for most if any of the extra time so it really makes no difference.