Bluetooth mouse help

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Just bought a 20" iMac and it's Sweeeeeet! I went the whole hog and upgraded everything, even got blutooth with cordless mouse. Which meant that my trusty logitech USB mouse went bye-bye. And let me tell you that playing with iTunes with an Apple one button mouse is pure HELL!

So i bought a logitech scroll blutooth mouse. And it doesn't work. i don't want to use the USB reciever - want to use the inbuilt apple bluetooth. I've gone into the control panel and clicked on the connect new bluetooth devices but it just keeps searching and not finding anything.

so any help will be great, THANKS!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Maritzio

Just bought a 20" iMac and it's Sweeeeeet! I went the whole hog and upgraded everything, even got blutooth with cordless mouse. Which meant that my trusty logitech USB mouse went bye-bye. And let me tell you that playing with iTunes with an Apple one button mouse is pure HELL!

So i bought a logitech scroll blutooth mouse. And it doesn't work. i don't want to use the USB reciever - want to use the inbuilt apple bluetooth. I've gone into the control panel and clicked on the connect new bluetooth devices but it just keeps searching and not finding anything.

so any help will be great, THANKS!

maybe you can give us a web link to the logitech mouse model you bought? to start off...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    maritziomaritzio Posts: 31member
    Sorry guys

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=8151

i've got the reciever plugged in and it works fine but this takes up a USB port and so want the internal bluetooth to pick it up.

thanks
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    umm as i suspected

there's good news, and bad news.

the good news is that your logitech mouse is cordless, and it will be fully functional when you use the USB thingy they supplied with the mouse

the bad news is that it is NOT Bluetooth, ONLY this logitech cordless mouse is Bluetooth:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=7110

($150 aud recommended retail)...

good luck matey, confusing, i know, but maybe you can exchange your new logitech mouse to kinda 'trade-up' to the Bluetooth logitech one...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    maritziomaritzio Posts: 31member
    I See said the blind man

thanks for the help!