Query about GarageBand 2 & musical notation...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Real simple...

Anyone know if it is possible to print out the musical notation that GarageBand 2 now gives us...?!?

Another thought...

If, as Steve touted during the keynote, iWork is able to work 'seamlessly' with iLife apps, can we drop the musical notation into Pages documents...?!?

Thanks to any info you folks might have!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I don't think so, you need logic express to do that. You could take a screen shot and do it that way, piece by piece.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacRonin

Real simple...

Anyone know if it is possible to print out the musical notation that GarageBand 2 now gives us...?!?

Another thought...

If, as Steve touted during the keynote, iWork is able to work 'seamlessly' with iLife apps, can we drop the musical notation into Pages documents...?!?

i wish musical notation would work with a mic and a guitar. but oh well. i know what i'm playing most of the time.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacRonin

Real simple...

Another thought...

That's a good question, and I've wondered about it too. Until I get mine hopefully this weekend I'm assuming that it works the same way the MIDI editing works now - i.e., no printing.

Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

i wish musical notation would work with a mic and a guitar. but oh well. i know what i'm playing most of the time.

Haha. But with the new version you should be able to manipulate pitch and tempo independently, which is pretty cool. It'll be great for transcribing - put some music into garageband, slow it down without dropping the pitch, and listen carefully.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

If you get an an iGuitar ( a midi guitar) then you should be able to generate notation directly. The Apple guy at MWSF suggested there is some high end apps (think $1000) that can transcribe analog signals. Maybe Garageband 5.0.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    jethro1138jethro1138 Posts: 104member
    So, I'm guessing that, to date, there's no 'easy' way to print the musical notation out of Garageband2?...
  • Reply 6 of 10
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jethro1138

So, I'm guessing that, to date, there's no 'easy' way to print the musical notation out of Garageband2?...

correct
  • Reply 7 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Hope they fix that in a point update.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Hope they fix that in a point update.

it'll probably be in version three, they have to keep things back for the next version ! They don't tend to release many updates for iLife.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Um yes they do. Things just like this.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Has anyone tried the Garageband update from Softpedia which claims to be able to do this?

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Audio/A...d-Update.shtml