OS X Tiger

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi People I found this little bit of info interesting.

http://www.macuser.co.uk/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 33
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    I know what this is.

This is the opening post of a very long thread with wild rampant speculations. Somewhere in the middle of the thread someone will say its a iBook G5+ and the last ten posts will be about how Apple let us down and the words "Apple is doomed" WILL be uttered.

And this ends up being nothing but Tigers release I will personally burn down every newsstand in London that carries MacUser.
  • Reply 2 of 33
    fitzy55fitzy55 Posts: 22member
    STOP PRESS - The next issue of MacUser 10:09AM

Exciting times are ahead. Big things are about to happen in the world of computing, and MacUser wants to be the first to bring you the news.

So, to make sure you get the full low-down on the biggest product launch of the year so far, we'll be holding back publication of our next issue - originally due out on 1 April - by four days.

So don't forget to check in your newsagent on Tuesday 5 April - or watch for your subscriber copy drop through your door. We're sure you'll agree it will have been worth the wait!
  • Reply 3 of 33
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Sounds like Tiger to me.
  • Reply 4 of 33
    tokentoken Posts: 142member
    Yeah, it could be anything, but most likely Tiger.

But as Tiger is a pretty given, I for one can't help wondering if this is something bigger (my imagination flows away, thinking of TabletMac, iHome, VideoPod, hdtv Mac Mini, PBG5, etc..).
  • Reply 5 of 33
    fitzy55fitzy55 Posts: 22member
    Yeap I think if the article is correct it is most likely referring to tiger and the updates to imac .ect. But I'll still be exited if I just tiger.
  • Reply 6 of 33
    glenglen Posts: 32member
    It seems some people on the MacUser forum who subscribe to the magazine have already received their issue and it has the new Adobe CS on the cover - no mention of Tiger. Of course, they could be lying! It seems like rather a lame announcement to warrant delaying the publication of your magazine by four days for.

UPDATE: My issue has just arrived in the post now and I can confirm that it has a 14 page 'World Exclusive Review' of Adobe Creative Suite 2. What a bummer!
  • Reply 7 of 33
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    More fodder:

• Reply 8 of 33
    glenglen Posts: 32member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

More fodder:

That's the cover of the previous issue from March 18th - it shows a mock-up of a remote control for a media centre.
  • Reply 9 of 33
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Shhhh.

Now how are people supposed to occupy themselves with speculation while neurotically waiting for tiger news?
  • Reply 10 of 33
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

Shhhh.

Now how are people supposed to occupy themselves with speculation while neurotically waiting for tiger news?

No joke. I wish they would just annouce a release date so I could be prodcutive once again at work. I am refreshing 3 websites every 5 minutes waiting for the news. I may be beyond help at this point...
  • Reply 11 of 33
    Forgive my ignorance... when I go to that link... I just see the MacUser homepage and no article that seems relevant to this discussion... am I just missing it...?

What is this article you all refer to...?

thnx
  • Reply 12 of 33
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott Finlayson

Forgive my ignorance... when I go to that link... I just see the MacUser homepage and no article that seems relevant to this discussion... am I just missing it...?

What is this article you all refer to...?

thnx

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/macuser/news/...f-macuser.html
  • Reply 13 of 33
    Thnx...

Now I see the silliness of it.

I can see if Apple thinks it's the biggest breakthrough... that's called marketing of their product(s)... but when a third-party rag starts hyping something... it could be as mundane as a two-button mouse or a 16-processor G6 running at 24.7Ghz per chip.

I place no stock in what a magazine considers big news to sell its publication.

I agree... it's almost definately just Tiger's announcement. If it is more...? GREAT! Christmas early!

-sf
  • Reply 14 of 33
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    god I hope Tigver Woods doesnt endorse OSX Tiger..

that would be the epitome of lameness... only Microsoft is allowed to do such dorky crap.
  • Reply 15 of 33
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    That was an April Fool's joke.
  • Reply 16 of 33
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

god I hope Tigver Woods doesnt endorse OSX Tiger..

that would be the epitome of lameness... only Microsoft is allowed to do such dorky crap.

U2
  • Reply 17 of 33
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    iTunes + Music + U2 = Makes sense

A golfer called "Tiger" + an Operating System = uhhh...
  • Reply 18 of 33
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    apple is doomed!

• Reply 19 of 33
    Where is my Newton? I think I should jot all this down!
  • Reply 20 of 33
    natarixnatarix Posts: 1member
    Hi Can any one tell me if OS X Tiger is going to Be Free for OS X Panter Users no one seams to know it should be if its the update of OSX Panter Thanks