"the political padlocker"

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
I just wanted to comment on how many locked discussions there are in this forum. Its interesting to see how many of the topics get sidetracked and then turn into personal attacks....that I understand, but I'm wondering what the moderators deem unacceptable for the forum. I've read the stipulations, but find the number of locked forums in here to be crazy. I'm also curious as to why the threads that are deemed inappropriate arent removed? My questioning is sincere so please do not use this as an opportunity to brow beat me or worse yet lock me Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Playmaker

... I'm wondering what the moderators deem unacceptable for the forum. I've read the stipulations, but find the number of locked forums in here to be crazy.

People tend to forget the guidelines when they're involved in a discussion on a subject which they feel close to. Threads are closed for many reasons: off-topic, trolling, spam, ad-hom attacks, lack of substance, etc.

Quote:

I'm also curious as to why the threads that are deemed inappropriate arent removed?

Reminders.

Quote:

My questioning is sincere so please do not use this as an opportunity to brow beat me or worse yet lock me Thanks.

Ah, but this is a thread better suited for the Feedback Forum. I'm going to leave it here, since it may cause some members to have another look at the Posting Guidelines.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    playmakerplaymaker Posts: 511member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

People tend to forget the guidelines when they're involved in a discussion on a subject which they feel close to. Threads are closed for many reasons: off-topic, trolling, spam, ad-hom attacks, lack of substance, etc.

Reminders.

Ah, but this is a thread better suited for the Feedback Forum. I'm going to leave it here, since it may cause some members to have another look at the Posting Guidelines.

thanks
  • Reply 3 of 5
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Perhaps it's a good idea to simply move locked threads to a hidden forum. Seeing all the locks isn't very pretty at all.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

Incidentally, I'll move this to Feedback!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Perhaps it's a good idea to simply move locked threads to a hidden forum.

Oooh, is the Clinic returning!?!?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Oooh, is the Clinic returning!?!?

The hidden forum of locked threads, will look more like an psychiatric clinic, than a relief one.