How to Move a Song Up or Down in a Playlist?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Okay, I must be an idiot....I've been looking all over (apparently in the wrong places) for the answer, but have had no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    First make sure you're sorting by the first number column and that select and drag the track to the position you want it in.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Dragging is the easy way, but if you're sorting by name or artist, you can cheat and write in a new name that alphabetizes where you want (such as putting an underscore before A to force first in the list).

Generally, it is advisable to do this only as a last resort, or on duplicate files.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Endymion

First make sure you're sorting by the first number column and that select and drag the track to the position you want it in.

what he said. also make sure shuffle is turned off
  • Reply 4 of 6
    slackulaslackula Posts: 262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

what he said. also make sure shuffle is turned off

Okay, I really must be an idiot. I keep trying this, but can't seem to get it to work. Exactly what do you mean by the first number column?

Thanks!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Watch this video for details
  • Reply 6 of 6
    slackulaslackula Posts: 262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

Watch this video for details

Thanks a million for the link. I am at work now on a PC, so I'll have to wait until I get home this evening to try this out on my Mac. Not sure what I was douing wrong to not see that first (number) column....

Thanks again!