Messenger keeps logging out

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
why does messenger keep logging out it drives me up the wall????!!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    anyone???

oooh i beg some one to give me a clue why it does this???
  • Reply 2 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dkhazenirad

More info needed!

What messenger, how do you connect to the net? what sorts of ping times do you get? how are your messenger settings configured?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    im connected to cable 750k through a network hub, pings havent got a clue but its connected automatically, where do i look for pings at?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

No idea why it's happening, but you could try a different client. I use Adium X but there are others. At least if it continues to happen you know it's not the Clients fault.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    ok i think i might of got it figured. i went to network utility and clicked unlimited amount of pings should that do it?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

ok i think i might of got it figured. i went to network utility and clicked unlimited amount of pings should that do it?

The ping section of the Netowrk Utility allows you to send ping packets, and that option tells it to just keep sending them until you cancel. Should not have any influence on the Messenger service as such.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    its sorted it out allready, my messenger has been running for hours now, and i sent that to a mate having the same problem. and ill get back to you if his works
  • Reply 8 of 8
    thanks for the help people,

i guess its fixed now, cheers again