Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

http://www.apple.com/education/nsba/

Looks like the perfect place and time to

show off Tiger on the all new eMacs, iBooks, G5iMacs and Mac mini

w/ 17" WS display.

Could be an interesting weekend.

Hmmm

iBooks = Very Very good chance

eMac / or something new but same idea = Very likely, G5 baby eMac takes the speeds from the last iMac specs

G5 iMac = yes do it soon, if now next 5-6 mnth refresh could hit right in Sept/October. this speed bump nothing to special, lowest one would start at 1.8Ghz

Mac Mini = just got into stores like Best Buy I say it's going to have to make its mark for 9+ months before a refresh. Mac Mini does not have that much of a markup.. l see them milking this for up to 4 more months
  • Reply 2 of 8
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Quote:

Originally posted by M.O.S.T

Hmmm

Mac Mini does not have that much of a markup.. l see them milking this for up to 4 more months

I keep hoping for a 512MB Mac Mini, but I guess that might not happen yet.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I don't see a tiger launching at an education expo, but you never know? They may demo some of it there as they have been doing. Announcing a new eMac, and iBook there would be a good idea.

Apple also has 2 booths at NAB april 16th - 21st where they will hopefully announce new versions of FCP, FCP-E, Motion 2, and Shake 4.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Nothing like new hardware to show off all this spiffy software coming out.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

I don't see a tiger launching at an education expo, but you never know? They may demo some of it there as they have been doing. Announcing a new eMac, and iBook there would be a good idea.

Apple also has 2 booths at NAB april 16th - 21st where they will hopefully announce new versions of FCP, FCP-E, Motion 2, and Shake 4.

I recall that there were reports of Apple sending out invitations for a pre-NAB event. They held a similar event before last year's NAB and announced Motion and XSAN, iirc.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    So far my prediction is looking favorable.

As others have posted, it would be great now to have full across the board Core audio/video GPU support

eMacs and iBooks are due for revision along with 512 RAM for all but the entry level gear.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Well that sure burst my bubble! \

Haven't heard a thing!
  • Reply 8 of 8
    timmybtimmyb Posts: 12member
    I think we'll see iBook updates on April 29 to go with Tiger. Nothing special but just a bit to make people who have been waiting for a revision to buy. Just my opinion.