Cheaper alternatives to GoLive?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I need a cheap as possible webpage editor. GoLive is great, but I can't afford the ridiculously expensive price - I would hardly be using it, as it is only for editing my low traffic shareware program web page.

Other than buying a secondhand copy of GoLive 6.0, what else can I get for under £50?!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    ... and if someone would like to sell a legal copy of GoLive 6.0, I'd be happy to hear!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    You could try Freeway from Softpress.com
  • Reply 3 of 6
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    TextWrangler and SubEthaEdit are free. If you're saavy enough to be writing shareware programs, why not just edit the code directly?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Thanks for the comments. I tried out Freeway Express, but since first impressions are important, and it crashes every time I try to open an existing file, I didn't get on hugely well with it. Sure it is a great app, but I couldn't get on with it initially. I suppose I should try just HTML editing, and stop being lazy. Quite like the look of Text Wrangler, so I'll give that a whirl. Writing HTML code is a bit fiddly, but since I can start off by editing existing pages, I'll just have to learn as I go, and live with my pages not looking as flashy as they would in GoLive. Thanks to both of you for the help.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    If you used the student discount, you could get Dreamweaver for 100. As far as I know, Dreamweaver is the undustry standard for web development. I tried out both GoLive and Dreamweaver, and I liked Dreamweaver a lot better.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Unfortunately I don't think I could get a student discount as I would be using it for a shareware website, ie commercial use, even though I am a student. \