Inkwell's future

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I've only recently switched (Dec 04), but I don't ever recall Apple really boasting about their old Inkwell technology since now. Could this be a sign of things to come? Dare I say miniBook/iPDA/vPod/tabletMac implementation?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by yoda_four

I've only recently switched (Dec 04), but I don't ever recall Apple really boasting about their old Inkwell technology since now. Could this be a sign of things to come? Dare I say miniBook/iPDA/vPod/tabletMac implementation?

interesting. One can only hope...
  • Reply 2 of 9
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Dare! Dare!

It's nice to see it being advertised - it saved my bacon a couple of years ago when I had shoulder surgery and couldn't use a keyboard. Hooked a Wacom tablet to the end of my arm brace, and voila.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Interesting. I had noticed that but wasn't sure if it was a recent addition to the site or not.

Ah, fuck it. It's 100% confirmation that Apple will be be delivering a full featured feather weight wireless HD video all singing, all dancing tablet within minutes.

And yes, this is Kormac's i ***** thing, or however he does that typographically.

Say, that felt pretty good. You know, now that I think about, I was talking to this one Apple rep, drunk in a whore house, and.......
  • Reply 4 of 9
    imiloaimiloa Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

it saved my bacon a couple of years ago when I had shoulder surgery and couldn't use a keyboard. Hooked a Wacom tablet to the end of my arm brace, and voila.

so did that make you a "Really Fast Scribbling Moderator?"
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Dare! Dare!

It's nice to see it being advertised - it saved my bacon a couple of years ago when I had shoulder surgery and couldn't use a keyboard. Hooked a Wacom tablet to the end of my arm brace, and voila.

That sounds SOOO geeky!! Wish I had tried it out at a Hospital..
  • Reply 6 of 9
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Inkwell is still touted on the Tiger pages, so who knows...

All I can say is that you average user (Pro or not) will not use the technology until it even more pervasive, seamless, and easier to use.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

That sounds SOOO geeky!! Wish I had tried it out at a Hospital..

It was! Walking around my dept (CompSci), I had people continually stopping me to ask if it was a new research project. When I told them what it was, some still misunderstood and asked how the handwriting recognition engine was coming along, thinking it was still research. Then they wanted to know how much I had to pay for the software. Then they were surprised.

There are a couple of photos of it in the materials lab, where they custom made the connector for me.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by yoda_four

They've had little blurbs about the technology in many of the prior OS X releases. Nothing much new, I am afraid. Jaguar touted it a bit before it was released. My memory may be bad, but when they first came out with it, there was an application called "Ink" but it has disappeared as of Jag/Panther.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    The inkwell pages have been there since it's introduction. They are not new.