Tiger iSync will allow razr (and other moto) bluetooth syncs

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
best news i've heard about tiger. no more using the usb. i mean, i don't even have a moto phone, but the reason i didn't want to buy one is because of the no bluetooth with isync thing. now maybe salling clicker will gain razr (rokr?) support.

link

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I noticed that too. I've been looking at the V3/RAZR for my next phone, and lack of iSync via Bluetooth put me off. So, this leads me to two questions:

1) Will Bluetooth iSync work with other Motorola phones (e.g. V545/V551 etc.)?

2) When using iSync, do the first and last name fields get reversed? You can send Apple Address Book contacts to the phone via Bluetooth (they go as a vCard, something you can also do with Nokia Bluetooth phones), but for some unknown reason, these two fields get reversed ).
  • Reply 2 of 6
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    one of the things that puts me off the RAZR is that it doesnt have builtin video recording. Yeah, thats really weird.

Also, afaik, no extra memory that can be added. I have hundreds of contacts with pics, pictures, files, etc in my Nokia 6600 and I like that.

I'm DESPERATELY awaiting the flippin iTunes Moto phone. I REALLY hate telecom operators and their pissy protectionism who are trying to defend themselves from the internet and rogress in general. They stifle innovation. Hate hate hate. Bastards
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Does anyone know if this new iTunes moto will be able to play any mp3 as a ringtone or for whatever, or do you have to buy every each song, even if you happened to have it already on your comp.

What I hate is when phones have the ability to be connected to the compter, but oh wait, can you make your own ringtones, of course not. You have to go sign up for one of those stupid sites and pay like $5 per month so that you can get 3 rings per month.

Oh here's another, when you have a phone that gets internet and have bluetooth on it, and your laptop has bluetooth also, you should be able to get internet on your laptop when you have the phone next to it, instead of having to have it connected and install all kinds of stupid phone software.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Im so fed up of waiting for the iTunes phone I'm seriously considering the Sony Ericsson w800i, and creating a playlist to convert to mp3 for it. I don't get why anyone would buy ringtones when you can just download them free of the net and bluetooth/send them to your phone.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

I'm DESPERATELY awaiting the flippin iTunes Moto phone. I REALLY hate telecom operators and their pissy protectionism who are trying to defend themselves from the internet and rogress in general. They stifle innovation. Hate hate hate. Bastards

Bad news. You may have to wait a long time.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    kwsanderskwsanders Posts: 327member
    My apologies for raising a thread from the dead, but this was the most logical place to post short of starting an unnecessary new thread.

I got my Razr V3 (black) yesterday and when I brought it home, I was bummed out, because I could not sync itt via Bluetooth. USB sync worked just fine. I knew that Bluetooth worked between my Power Mac and the phone, because I could connect to the phone with the Bluetooth File Exchange utility.

I could not even get it to work after installing the iSync 2.1 update earlier today.

I am happy to say that just after installing the Tiger 10.4.2 update, I pulled up the Bluetooth preferences, removed the phone, and tried to set it up again. Tiger now recognizes my Cingular clad Razr V3 as a mobile phone. I had to choose "Any device".

Anyway, it was recognized, iSync saw it via Bluetooth and I was able to sync. Fantastic work, Apple!