10.5 Last of the big cats?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Then again, Apple does have a thing with two syllable cat names ... so Lion may not fly. If you say it enough times it just does roll off the tounge as nicley as "Mac OS X 10.3 Panther" or "Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger" ... or Jaguar, Cheetah and Puma for that matter. Also, I can see the Window$ boys ripping it to shreds because the kion is really a bully scavenger ... so whatever new cool stuff Apple has in store, M$ freaks will invariably say it was scavenged from Longhorn ... well, assuming it's out the door by then.

That's why I'd be really happy for Apple to lean toward birds of prey. Not only do they conjour up images of fast, ferocious beautiful birds, but they also make you think of powerful warplanes. Just let the following names roll off the tongue a few times and see how much sweeter they sound than "Mac OS X 10.5 Lion"

Mac OS X 10.5 Falcon

Mac OS X 10.5 Eagle

Mac OS X 10.5 Harrier

Mac OS X 10.5 Raptor

not a bird of prey, but sounds good...

Mac OS X 10.5 Blackbird

hmmm ...

Mac OS X 10.5 Swordfish sounds cools...

Given Apple's affinity for big cats, they may well have a 10.5 Lion as the last big cat hurrah before moving on to bigger and better things!
  • Reply 22 of 25
    feraliferali Posts: 175member
    didnt they copyright lynx and cougar under 'computer operating systems?
  • Reply 23 of 25
    rara Posts: 623member
    Liger

(it's a cat, and it's bigger than a tiger)
  • Reply 24 of 25
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    hmmm... looks like there isn't a fixed logic after all.

Leopard is actually just a bit bigger than a Jagwire...

Hmpf. I guess there is still hope for Couga' and "Bill the Cat"
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

hmmm... looks like there isn't a fixed logic after all.

Leopard is actually just a bit bigger than a Jagwire...

Hmpf. I guess there is still hope for Couga' and "Bill the Cat"

Given the uncertainties I feel now, I think I'll refer to it as "Clouded Leopard" from the list above.