Final Cut Studio

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
New Pro Apps - check out the Apple store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    Can anyone tell if QuickTime 7 serial will be included? Under requirements it says QuickTime7 but it is interesting it would say so if it included it.

Thank you,

Johnny
  • Reply 2 of 21
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnnymarr1984

Can anyone tell if QuickTime 7 serial will be included? Under requirements it says QuickTime7 but it is interesting it would say so if it included it.

Thank you,

Johnny

QuickTime Pro 6 was included with Productive Suite before but there aren't enough details yet to confirm whether this is the case (people at the event may know - the website is still lacking details).

Edit: It doesn't look like it btw.
  • Reply 3 of 21
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnnymarr1984

Thank you,

Johnny

I imagine it will be included as a QT6Pro key was included with the Production Suite.
  • Reply 4 of 21
    gambitgambit Posts: 475member
    Disappointed in the lack of Core Image/ Video support within FCP.
  • Reply 5 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gambit

Motion 2 doesn't seem too major, I'll have to check out the new version but it looks quite disappointing.

Edit: Actually there are quite a few good new features - i don't know if I'll use them though. The question is does it beat After Effects? - it does by price!
  • Reply 6 of 21
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

perhaps you missed the part on apple's FCP page about improvements in real-time playback. that's what core image/video is.
  • Reply 7 of 21
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:

We don't know all the specs yet but Dynamic RT looks to be Core Image/Video.

Quote:

Motion 2 doesn't seem too major, I'll have to check out the new version but it looks quite disappointing.

Well what exactly where you looking for? I'm seeing 2.5D, I'm seeing that Motion2 supports more than 8-bits per channel. I'm seeing new animation features. Looks damn good to me.

Soundtrack Pro looks good as well. Nice upgrade Apple.
  • Reply 8 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Well what exactly where you looking for? I'm seeing 2.5D, I'm seeing that Motion2 supports more than 8-bits per channel. I'm seeing new animation features. Looks damn good to me.

ground breaking new features!! I did partially take bak that statement btw!
  • Reply 9 of 21
    MacCrazy. No I was just curious to what features you would like to see the most. Motion 2 probably needs rock solid stability first and formost and then we can have fun.

I'm TOTALLY confused. Apple joins the Blu-Ray group yet DVD Studio Pro 4 has a huge HD-DVD logo as soon as you hit the page. Scratching my head on this one.

I see the new improved Media Manager "is" there

Quote:

Workgroup Editing:Capture once, save time and share media with multiple editors using a consolidated storage pool powered by Xsan. Improved Media Management Tools provide support for reconnecting and managing file across large Xsan environments, budgeting your real-time effects according to available Xsan bandwidth.

Nice.
  • Reply 10 of 21
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Core image would hardly be used in FCP - Core Video is supported, but it's not accelerated by the GPU like core image. I believe Core Video is CPU accelerated.
  • Reply 11 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

MacCrazy. No I was just curious to what features you would like to see the most. Motion 2 probably needs rock solid stability first and formost and then we can have fun.

Yeah, I haven't used it a lot to be honest, even though I bought it! I don't know what I'm looking for. I'm used to Tiger - seeing hundreds of new features I want, Motion doesn't have a list as big - obviously!! I have one question is there an easy way to import video from a camera directly into Motion, in the past I've gone through iMovie! I've found Motion difficult to get used to, but this week I'm finishing a video so I'll be using it more.
  • Reply 12 of 21
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    total install is 44 gigs...well so much for hd editing on my mini
  • Reply 13 of 21
    Just had a look at the tours and some of the features do look quite cool. I'll keep my mouth shut in future I think!
  • Reply 14 of 21
    gambitgambit Posts: 475member
    If you look at the Core Video demonstration shown at last years WWDC, you see that Core Video is supported at the GPU level. FCP does't support this, therefore it isn't hooked into Core Video.

Dynamic RT is nice, though. Just not Core Video.

Would love to be wrong.
  • Reply 15 of 21
    Gambit

I think you're right. I too looked to see if Apple made any references about Dynamic RT being faster with faster GPU and didn't see anything.

I was able to confirm that Shake 4 does use the GPU. Methinks we might see a future upgrade that brings Core Image/Video to the table.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

Just had a look at the tours and some of the features do look quite cool. I'll keep my mouth shut in future I think!

Yes...that koolaid is god isnt it...now you drink up!

It does look sweet, and soundtrack looks amazing - hell I would love that stand alone on my mini if I get a little money ahead...which i will not...cuz I need books for summer...then fall...theres a grand well spent...
  • Reply 17 of 21
    cory bauercory bauer Posts: 1,286member
    Final Cut Pro 5's biggest feature for me is the out-of-the-box support for HDV and P2 cards. The multi-camera editing couldn't be better, although this is a feature I may only get to use once or twice a year. Motion's biggest feature for me is that I'll be able to drop my projects straight into After Effects - no longer requiring me to render them out as big movie files. DVD Studio Pro's "jump to loop point" scripting feature will save me hours of creating multiple versions of menus (ones with transition animations and ones without). These few things alone make it worth the measly $699 upgrade price.

hmurchison, the HD DVD support has me completely confused, as well. Will Blue Ray and HD DVD be the same, except for the media they are burned to and the players they go in?
  • Reply 18 of 21
    Cory

It looks like DVD SP 4 will allow us to burn h.264 video to a standard Red Laser disc and it'll playback in the HD-DVD players coming out late this year(hopefully).

That makes sense because you could indeed squeeze HD quality into 10mbps and get a solid hour of video on a single layer disc.

I'm going through Apple's sales web trying to find out more tidbits on this stuff right now.
  • Reply 19 of 21
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Earlier this past week Sony open to discussions over a single HD DVD format to avoid format wars.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...technologyNews

It will be interesting to see how it all transpires.
  • Reply 20 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by foad

Earlier this past week Sony open to discussions over a single HD DVD format to avoid format wars.

Sony - open to a standard format - ...not normal....cannot compute......brain...smoking...its going....going....BOOM!