Scottrade ?

TD Waterhouse ?

Goal: own 100 shares or so of Apple

Buy at 35ish Sell when at or around 50

Who is best for owning one stock with little or no chance of "trading"

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Your local bank. No BS. No gimmicks. Talk to your financial advisor there. (plus it's free to talk to um)
  • Reply 2 of 5
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I was wondering the same thing. How do the charges for brokering work? Scottrade sounded good when I saw its commercial.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Usually if you go online (ala etrade etc.) you pay a simple flat one time fee per trade (gimmicks aside). Now many places will give you X free trades, but keep in mind any time you interact with the stock market, you will end up paying a fee somewhere. That's why I keep in at my local bank so I can pull the guy across the counter if he's trying to screw me.

Your online vendor will try everything to make a buck. From selling you 'subscriptions' to offering you only certain kinds of trades for their advertised rate.

The stock market is tricky enough without being swindled when trying to trade... TRUST me. I have plenty of experience with Ameritrade etc. All very nice, but the bottom line is that your local branch bank will likely do the same trade for close to the same price and you'll get the satisfaction of a real person you can chat with.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Alright the local bank sounds good.

So when should we buy, if we want to invest a few hundred or a few thousand?

I just checked Forbes and it spiked last year but recently, it's actually gone down a litte! So anyone have any AAPL predictions?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Alright the local bank sounds good.

So when should we buy, if we want to invest a few hundred or a few thousand?

I just checked Forbes and it spiked last year but recently, it's actually gone down a litte! So anyone have any AAPL predictions?

if all that you know about apple 's stock history is that it "spiked" last year, you need to do some MAJOR research. it's important to note that the P/E has already peaked as well, which basically means you're not gonna see your huge gains (unless apple really gets things going from the hardware end of things over the next couple years). but suit yourself.