Adobe to Buy Macromedia

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    spookyspooky Posts: 504member
    what do you guys think will happen to Director?
  • Reply 22 of 28
    BTW, I was not seriously proposing Apple buy Adobe, it was more of a joke. Hence the overlord line. Any concievable Apple take over is A. not possible and B. a dumb idea.

The merger itself is a mixed blessing. In general I am not a fan of mega corporations, even if it were Apple. The Adobe - Macromedia thing will limit competition, and makes us more beholden to Adobe. However, there could be some benefits like more standardization on the web via PDF and Flash/SVG.

We'll see...
  • Reply 23 of 28
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Well it looks like Apple better buy Corel or at least Painter or something and utilize the code to keep a skunkworks project under wraps lest Adobe use its newfound might to squash Apple's graphics hope.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Well it looks like Apple better buy Corel or at least Painter or something and utilize the code to keep a skunkworks project under wraps lest Adobe use its newfound might to squash Apple's graphics hope.

what graphics hopes are those? with what, pages? i guess i don't see the competition in this market coming from apple.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Great, here come the Microsoft mentality- they have no real competitor for a large chunk of their software....or should I say 'Quark-itude' coming?
  • Reply 26 of 28
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

umm... guys don't get paranoid about Adobe dropping Mac support. Of ALL the software companies out there, Adobe and Macromedia have been by Apple's side through thick and thin, and were pretty much the first in line to support the transition to OS X. You could almost argue that Adobe and Macromedia played a very important role in the success of OS X, particularly remember that transition time was the very time Macs were viewed, possibly rightly so, as 'only used by designers'. And design software makers Adobe and Macromedia came to the party when the iLeader said, "...let us move to a Unix-based Macintosh operating system and throw out OS 9..."

Adobe and Macromedia are one of the San Francisco Bay Area's most successful technology companies that have weathered the storm, along with Oracle. Steve Jobs lives within 1.5 hours' drive of all three companies

Have faith in our iLeader, he will deliver... Should the very very unlikely event that Adobe drops Mac support, he'll step in with Apple pro line for graphic design/web apps. Yes, maybe buy Corel (they're canadian, hence really cheap right? ) or build something from the ground up.

• Reply 27 of 28
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blue2kdave

The merger itself is a mixed blessing. In general I am not a fan of mega corporations, even if it were Apple. The Adobe - Macromedia thing will limit competition, and makes us more beholden to Adobe. However, there could be some benefits like more standardization on the web via PDF and Flash/SVG.

That will be just swell

ALL YOUR MONEY ARE BELONG TO ADOBE
  • Reply 28 of 28
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

That will be just swell

ALL YOUR MONEY ARE BELONG TO ADOBE

OFRLMAO... i mean ROFLMAO

a few years back (jesus christ it was end of 2002.. damn... gettin old...) when i was living in the Bay Area my friend/coworker's boyfriend was working at Adobe... can anybody say, staff discount??!! oohhhh yeahhhh...

umm I am far away from the Bay Area now though