Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    56K'ers, be afraid...be very afraid.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    Have a look in the what?
  • Reply 3 of 14
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    You mean "Adobe Photoshop CS Macintosh"?

Microsoft: "Your potential, our passion" - I wonder how passionate they are about your much greater potential if you use the mac?
  • Reply 4 of 14
    We all know M$ has Macs on the property .... they do develope software for them after all.

But it IS amusing that their adwork would be done on a mac when there is a version of the same program that runs on Windows

Though I'm sure the ad wasn't even produced in-house ...
  • Reply 5 of 14
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    For those of us that are morons, what is an exif2, and how do you look in it?
  • Reply 6 of 14
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

For those of us that are morons, what is an exif2, and how do you look in it?

go to the page, "view page source" in firefox (or equivalent), search for "exif2".
  • Reply 7 of 14
    ... Or you can just drag the .jpg file into "TextEdit" and it will show you the file data in the first few lines.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Can someone just come out and explain this?
  • Reply 9 of 14
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

Can someone just come out and explain this?

when you download from M$ website the official press release of the new actual campaigne and open this specific .jpg with an app as GraphicConverter (or PS? whatever), you can fetch some addtional "info" about this jpeg. these infos calles exifs. in this jpeg you'll find mentioning "Adobe Photoshop Macintosh"?

you could publish such a jpeg with a DOS machine/app too, but they haven't?

ok, not _that_ funny, but the "message" of this ad + the "making" of that ad with a Macintosh? me smile. but I'm an optimistic person
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by KingOfSomewhereHot

... Or you can just drag the .jpg file into "TextEdit" and it will show you the file data in the first few lines.

I didn't know this. Gotta try it out when I get back home. Using PC at work. I've always wanted a quick way of finding out photo EXIF. Looks like this is it!
  • Reply 11 of 14
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    huh, I just looked at the cursor in that picture, it's an OS X cursor.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

huh, I just looked at the cursor in that picture, it's an OS X cursor.

the designers tried to 'hide' that a little by putting some pixelated windows 2000-looking folders there
  • Reply 13 of 14
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by k_munic

when you download from M$ website the official press release of the new actual campaigne and open this specific .jpg with an app as GraphicConverter (or PS? whatever), you can fetch some addtional "info" about this jpeg. these infos calles exifs. in this jpeg you'll find mentioning "Adobe Photoshop Macintosh"?

you could publish such a jpeg with a DOS machine/app too, but they haven't?

ok, not _that_ funny, but the "message" of this ad + the "making" of that ad with a Macintosh? me smile. but I'm an optimistic person

i actually liked the ad campaign on purely artistic/objective grounds.

i was just really sad that this is the perfect sort of advertising for apple*

*as in not the EXIF tag but the actual ad campaign, except the ad campaign is for microsucks
  • Reply 14 of 14
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member