ATI officially launches the Radeon 9800 series today

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Weee, and the Radeon 9700 Pro Mac Edition isn't even out yet.

Comments

• Reply 2 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Not for the Mac it's not.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>Not for the Mac it's not.</strong><hr></blockquote>

touche!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    os10geekos10geek Posts: 413member
    It will come to the Mac with time, just like with the 9700. But we all know the status of the 9700.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Yeah, it's looking like maybe Apple shouldn't have come down so hard on them a few years back. I've always had my doubts about Nvidia being the be all and end all of video cards forever.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    [quote]Originally posted by jimmac:

<strong>Yeah, it's looking like maybe Apple shouldn't have come down so hard on them a few years back. I've always had my doubts about Nvidia being the be all and end all of video cards forever.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Apple shouldn't be coming down hard on any Developers. They would have had that right had they chosen not to be greedy and chose Margin over Marketshare.

I'm glad to see Ati doing better. I could never understand how a company that had so many resources could come out with mediocre products. Glad to see they've refocused.

Lucky for us Apple has kept both companies products in their lineups. I think Nvidia needed a little Humble Pie. Hell I remember when Nvidia's Riva chips were fast but looked like itshay compared to the competition.