Artists missing in iTunes browser

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I've had this problem every now and then for a while now:

When looking for a particular artist in iTunes' Library browser, certain artists won't show up -- and haven't for a while. Their albums are in the Album pane, and if I scroll down to the artist with the whole Library available then the artist will be there. Sometimes the artist will finally show up if I select one of their albums in the Browser or search for that artist.

Why the discrepancy with the Browser? Anything I can do to fix it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I've had this problem every now and then for a while now:

When looking for a particular artist in iTunes' Library browser, certain artists won't show up -- and haven't for a while. Their albums are in the Album pane, and if I scroll down to the artist with the whole Library available then the artist will be there. Sometimes the artist will finally show up if I select one of their albums in the Browser or search for that artist.

Why the discrepancy with the Browser? Anything I can do to fix it?

make sure those artists' tracks don' have "part of compilation" checked. i believe iTunes lumps all compilations into one folder. thats at least an idea, i dont know if it will work.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    The one artist in question that doesn't show up EVER is Usher. His album Confessions (not a compilation) shows fine, but he doesn't end up in the browser listing.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Moving to iPod and iTunes - JL
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

The one artist in question that doesn't show up EVER is Usher. His album Confessions (not a compilation) shows fine, but he doesn't end up in the browser listing.

its hard to say what the problem is. Confessions shows up fine in my library browser, but i have no idea how my tags differ from yours.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

Can you select the album, get info, click 'Yes' and re-enter the artist's name? If that doesn't help, I suggest upgrading or rebuilding your library.