Tiger coming a day early a possability?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hey

I am curious whether or not Tiger will actually come on the 29th or possibly the 28.

For apple to guarantee that Tiger will come on the 29th...is it possible they are sending it earlier rather then later to make sure that it arrives?

I am interested in seeing the online release. Which I believe is at 6 when the actual release is taking place. I have heard rumors that the broadcast will be in H.264 and require tiger... if this is true I will not have enough time to install tiger if it comes later in the day.

Maybe its just a rumor that it will be H.264...I think that would be cool but a little rushed for people just getting it that day.

Have other prepaid items from apple come a day or two ahead?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29
    When I ordered on Apple.com it says Tiger will be delivered by 4/29. It has'nt been uncommon for people to receive their copies of OSX a day or two before the official launch in the past when ordering from Apple.
  • Reply 2 of 29
    toadietoadie Posts: 78member
    I just checked my order status, and it now says delivery on or before 4/28. Interesting....
  • Reply 3 of 29
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Toadie

I just checked my order status, and it now says delivery on or before 4/28. Interesting....

Well, mine says shipping on/before 4/28, with 2-day air shipping.

I actually think they will ship it on 4/27, via the 2-day Fedex. However, Fedex, unlike UPS in my experience, actually delivers packages early a lot of times, so I'm sure some people will end up getting Tiger on 4/28 (one day early) as they did with iLife and iWork in January.
  • Reply 4 of 29
    Yep, mine says on or before 4/28/05. I didn't think you could order it w/ different shipping. Did the 2-day Air cost more? Only option I say was standard delivery. My thinking is, it says online will be Delivered by 4/29/04, not shipped by then. So, why pay the extra cost for shipping if it will get there by 4/29/05 for anybody? I hope mine comes on 4/28/05, b/c I leave Friday for a weekend camping trip, then I have to mow the grass and do homework when I get home, so no time to install Tiger
  • Reply 5 of 29
    All of the Tiger pre-orders are going to be shipped 2nd day Fedex air.
  • Reply 6 of 29
    Are they going to release an h264 Quicktime Player on the 29th then?
  • Reply 7 of 29
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

All of the Tiger pre-orders are going to be shipped 2nd day Fedex air.

I was given a choice - 6-8 days ground for free or 2 days FedEx for $16.
  • Reply 8 of 29
    Well, mine was just one choice for free, and it says 2 Day.
  • Reply 9 of 29
    tismfutismfu Posts: 76member
    I was given no choice... 5-day ground... and at first it said 'delivered by 4/29' and now it says 'shipped on or before 4/28'. If it's not here on 4/29 I'm going to buy it at the store and return the copy they send to me (not to mention be a little peeved).
  • Reply 10 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by tismfu

I was given no choice... 5-day ground... and at first it said 'delivered by 4/29' and now it says 'shipped on or before 4/28'. If it's not here on 4/29 I'm going to buy it at the store and return the copy they send to me (not to mention be a little peeved).

Tismfu,

Are you in the U.S.? If so, recheck your order status. It probably says "2-day" on the left hand side. I was given no choice, but a couple days later, it changed to 2-day.
  • Reply 11 of 29
    tismfutismfu Posts: 76member
    Quote:

Tismfu,

Are you in the U.S.? If so, recheck your order status. It probably says "2-day" on the left hand side. I was given no choice, but a couple days later, it changed to 2-day.

Yep, in the U.S., and sadly it still says:

Shipping Method

Parcel/Ground

I only placed my order this weekend... perhaps it'll change in a few days? Or maybe there were only so many units they could ship out to arrive on the 29th and since I was relatively 'late' to order I might have to wait?
  • Reply 12 of 29
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Shipping Method

Parcel/Ground

I only placed my order this weekend... perhaps it'll change in a few days? Or maybe there were only so many units they could ship out to arrive on the 29th and since I was relatively 'late' to order I might have to wait?

well, I have at least three emails saying I will have it by the 29th, and I am also listed as parcel / ground

dont worry you will have your toy - and so will I!
  • Reply 13 of 29
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    is one day really gonna matter? just curious.
  • Reply 14 of 29
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

is one day really gonna matter? just curious.

ummm...no not to me - so long as I havwe it Fri night, I will be fat and happy
  • Reply 15 of 29
    Quote:

Shipping Method

Parcel/Ground

tismfu,

Well, I wouldn't worry, if I was you. Apple is still guaranteeing Tiger by April 29. I'm sure 99 percent of orders will be received on-time.
  • Reply 16 of 29
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    Quote:

tismfu,

Well, I wouldn't worry, if I was you. Apple is still guaranteeing Tiger by April 29. I'm sure 99 percent of orders will be received on-time.

In the UK, we are no so lucky. We have 5-7 business days. Fat chance it will arrive on the 29th
  • Reply 17 of 29
    zoczoc Posts: 77member
    Quote:

In the UK, we are no so lucky. We have 5-7 business days. Fat chance it will arrive on the 29th

This is the same thing in France. The online status for my order says "on or before 04/29/05" as the estimated shipping date
  • Reply 18 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by low-fi

I'm going to phone them to make quite sure about this. It looks like I'll be going to the Apple store in London for the launch at any rate, so I can cancel my order and buy it there. Currently on the store page for Tiger it says:

"Ready to ship:

by April 29th

Free Shipping"

Will let you know what they say on the phones.
  • Reply 19 of 29
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    The OZ store says "Estimated Build Time: Delivered by 4/29" I would imagine they already have the dvds now or will by the end of the week and will dispatch early next week so they do make it by that date... they better dammit !
  • Reply 20 of 29
    I was sent an e-mail by Apple UK stating:

Pre-order Tiger today

\tAnd receive it on April 29th along with an invitation to our exclusive online seminar. Get free shipping too.

Only £89 inc VAT

However, when I ordered it, I was told it may arrive on the 29th or ship on the 29th. The salesman wasn't sure.

I'm having it delivered to work. I suppose if it doesn't arrive by the end of the day, I could go to the Apple store and return the first one for a refund.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see..