Almost have convinced friend to buy shuffle

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
One of my acquaintances was on the verge of purchasing a shuffle to use while working out. When she went to the Apple store in SoHo, however, she was told by one of the salespersons there that the shuffle does not allow a user to manually select which music would be added to the shuffle from the iTunes library. I told her that as far as I know as an iPod enthusiast (but I don't own a shuffle) the autofill feature does not have to be used to fill the shuffle. Still, she is wary given that one of Apple's salespersons told her otherwise. Am I right about this? Can you manually fill the shuffle?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Yes, you can load a particular playlist with the songs you want on the shuffle and then put that playlist on it. If the playlist is larger than the shuffle can hold, iTunes can randomly select songs from the playlist to fill the shuffle.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    I never filled my shuffle using anything other than manual mode. The great thing about the shuffle is that it can be set to stay in the iTunes source list, so you can edit what is on it, just like any other playlist, even when it is not connected.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    cool, thanks for the info. Its a moot point now, because by the time I had read these replies and found my friend, she whipped a shiny new iPod Mini out of her pocket that she got on open box special for the same price as the 1GB shuffle. I told her she made a good choice. Now I just have to teach her how to use iTunes...