Poll: What New Hardware When Tiger is Released April 29?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I'm going to bite the bullet here and assume all major announcements for NAB is done.

So, Tiger release. Any New Hardware to coincide? Tiger+New Hardware could = good results for apple financial quarter april-jun 2005...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    i have voted imac.... maybe powermac, but is better on wwdc

mac mini on paris and emac, r.i.p.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    jwmjwm Posts: 15member
    iMac, fingers crossed...
  • Reply 3 of 12
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    hopping they kill the eMac (in the consumer space) and focus on improving the mini
  • Reply 4 of 12
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

hopping they kill the eMac (in the consumer space) and focus on improving the mini

I don't think that maintaining the eMac requires prohibitively huge resources. It needs little to zero R&D, it may be configured as a Mac mini with a monitor, using the same main board. Doesn't make sense to me unless it doesn't sell at all.

I voted for no hardware updates. Out of sheer spite. Because I hate the situation when Apple consistently fails to satisfy demand on any new hardware. They should contract more manufacturers first or keep their own capable plants. Otherwise Apple should abandon the idea of increasing marketshare.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Since Apple is having an "Tiger Event" on the 29th, I think that perhaps they will update the iMacs this coming Monday/Tuesday. Systems will ship on time for a Tiger release, and then the stores will have the new models ready to buy for customers who come for the "Tiger event." Make sense?

This may be just emacs, iMacs, iBooks, and somewhere down the road the Power Macs will get their due. :/
  • Reply 6 of 12
    What and upstage their OS mainpage? Not bloodly likely. How often does Apple TOTALLY change their site? Okay then. Case closed, no new hardware.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Quote:

Originally posted by costique

... Because I hate the situation when Apple consistently fails to satisfy demand on any new hardware. They should contract more manufacturers first or keep their own capable plants. Otherwise Apple should abandon the idea of increasing marketshare.

Costique is right. It isn't IBM or Freescale which holds up Apple's releases, it's their outsourcing of manufacturing. They have great big lots of machines built each time (I guess to bring down costs), then they take forever to sell them, and they don't make new ones until the last ones are sold.

So the model for predicting releases should be, forget when new technology is available, or where Apple is relative to competitors. Completely forget it, it's irrelevant. Watch inventory.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    i just hope they boost the ram to 512 in all models
  • Reply 9 of 12
    They'll release NOTHING! Bastards.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    powerbook G5

wow, 600th post
  • Reply 11 of 12
    gamblorgamblor Posts: 446member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alliancep.s.i

i just hope they boost the ram to 512 in all models

amen... better video hardware, with an option to upgrade to something even better in the iMac would be nice, too.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I say nothing on the 29th (PowerMacs anyway). Apple should make us sweat it out until WWDC.