Announcement of new Hardware

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Well, obviously, TS was wrong with its predictions of new hardware, and i am still waiting for hardware updates...

I don't know what/who their "Highly reliable sources" are, but it's getting ridiculous...

I think we have to wait at least until April 29, the release of tiger... If it comes worse, WWDC will bring it to us...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    You should be happy.. it could mean they are wrong on specs too
  • Reply 2 of 36
    Hardmac has an interestingly titled story claiming new G5's to ship in 7 days... but unfortunately I can't get to the site to save my life.
  • Reply 3 of 36
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dschango

Well, obviously, TS was wrong with its predictions of new hardware, and i am still waiting for hardware updates...

I don't know what/who their "Highly reliable sources" are, but it's getting ridiculous...

I think we have to wait at least until April 29, the release of tiger... If it comes worse, WWDC will bring it to us...

What makes you say they were "obviously wrong", they said they were going to be announced the 29th, alongside tiger. Nothing is over yet. Once they are announced and not dual 2.7 then you can say they were "obviously wrong".
  • Reply 4 of 36
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dschango

I am not sure if I see what you are refering to. The latest TS report about the Power Macs says:

Quote:

The updated Power Mac G5 systems, along with eMacs and iMac G5s, remain slated for some time within the next two weeks.

This was on April 18. It gives time up to the first days of May.
  • Reply 5 of 36
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Some of you are forgetting TS said the PMs were going to be updated at NAB -- "New Power Mac G5s at NAB" -- a sub-head straight out of the story. The only fact about TS HW reporting recently is that it has been 100% wrong, they didn't show.
  • Reply 6 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by webavatar

You should be happy.. it could mean they are wrong on specs too

Exactly!
  • Reply 7 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by ChevalierMalFet

Hardmac has an interestingly titled story claiming new G5's to ship in 7 days... but unfortunately I can't get to the site to save my life.

from hardmac

Without any notice, estimated ship for all dual processor PMG5 jumped on the Apple Store from "same business day" to 7 days (most of European AppleStore, not in the US yet)

But, it is known that stocks of PMG5 dual 2.5GHz are high. So it could be the first sign of a future revision of the dual processor PMG5 models.

[Update] We have just received information from large resellers:

- There are still large stocks of PMG5 dual 2.5GHz. Those computers are ?on sale? till April 29th 2005.

- There is also more than 500 iMacG5 on sales (from a single large reseller), almost exclusively 20" models. Special offer on those computers is running till May 27th.
  • Reply 8 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hiro

Some of you are forgetting TS said the PMs were going to be updated at NAB -- "New Power Mac G5s at NAB" -- a sub-head straight out of the story. The only fact about TS HW reporting recently is that it has been 100% wrong, they didn't show.

They changed this story the next day to the 29th of april "within a few days of tiger release". (and the title was "likely at NAB")

Quote:

Highly reliable sources have confirmed the specifications of Apple's forthcoming revisions to its Power Mac G5, iMac G5 and eMac systems, expected to start shipping within a few days of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger's April 29th release.

Revealed: Powermac g5...
  • Reply 9 of 36
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    good lord. do we really need a new thread every day for hardware releases? i vote that future hardware be permanently changed to "insanity forum," because for some people it's obviously not temporary.
  • Reply 10 of 36
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

good lord. do we really need a new thread every day for hardware releases? i vote that future hardware be permanently changed to "insanity forum," because for some people it's obviously not temporary.

Sad but true.
  • Reply 11 of 36
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Sad but true.

And look who's leading the way with almost 5000 posts. ( JK )
  • Reply 12 of 36
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

At least it isn't "Free Ipod!" spamposts!!

But it just might be time for temporary insanity..... Can you imagine how insane it will be by the end of may if there aren't any updates!!!

3ghz by summer!!!!

of '06 or '07!!

• Reply 13 of 36
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

And look who's leading the way with almost 5000 posts. ( JK )

Man where's EMan when you need him. He'd have but up to 15k posts by now. Although I've never changed my name on AI.

You know what guys...I'm starting to get a feeling that the info being mentioned is bogus. Why would Apple wait so long to announce the same hardware?
  • Reply 14 of 36
    I'm agreeing with you hmurch, the specs are way too low to be real. Apple is lying on clockspeed (bus's can't actually go passed 200-250mhz more than an inch, only reason they have 1.25ghz is because of tri-pumping the dual 64bit data paths (my teacher and I came up with the #'s one day, can't recall them without figuring them out again)), so I'm sure they would do whatever they could to get a significant jump in clockspeed that would make people happy. Only reason I see them going to 200mhz jump would to drop the water cooling and that was all they could squeeze out of non-liquid cooled cpu's.

Either way, not changing anything else seems too false. Why even come out with an update at all if its a measly 200mhz, if anything I think it would be worse on apple's stock then keeping the dual 2.5's.
  • Reply 15 of 36
    dave jdave j Posts: 84member
    Quote:

Originally posted by emig647

Only reason I see them going to 200mhz jump would to drop the water cooling and that was all they could squeeze out of non-liquid cooled cpu's.

Just how are they able to drop the water cooling (on the rumored 2.7)? Seems like however lackluster it is, it would run at least as hot as the 2.5.

Wind tunnel?
  • Reply 16 of 36
    gamblorgamblor Posts: 446member
    Quote:

You know what guys...I'm starting to get a feeling that the info being mentioned is bogus. Why would Apple wait so long to announce the same hardware?

Perhaps it is, but on the other hand, perhaps Apple had intended on coming out with new machines using the 970MP & PCIe and all the goodies we're looking for, but they've hit a snag. Perhaps there's a delay with IBM producing the chips (although we've seen rumors that they're in full production now), perhaps there's a bug in Apple's system controller. Whatever the cause of the theoretical delay, Apple has theoretically decided to roll out a "stop-gap" revision right now so they can buy six months to fix the problems with the new machines.

Or, TS is yanking our chains.
  • Reply 17 of 36
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave J

Just how are they able to drop the water cooling (on the rumored 2.7)? Seems like however lackluster it is, it would run at least as hot as the 2.5.

Wind tunnel?

Suggestions: Optimize the 970's layout, use a better low-k dialectric, implement SDOI technology allowing use of low volt cpu's. Then again, I really don't know what the heck I'm talking about.
  • Reply 18 of 36
    Optimizing the layout won't do much for heat generation, just move it around on the chip. The other points can help heat dissipation.
  • Reply 19 of 36
    dave jdave j Posts: 84member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rickag

Suggestions: Optimize the 970's layout, use a better low-k dialectric, implement SDOI technology allowing use of low volt cpu's. Then again, I really don't know what the heck I'm talking about.

What material is being used for the dielectric now?
  • Reply 20 of 36
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hiro

Optimizing the layout won't do much for heat generation, just move it around on the chip. The other points can help heat dissipation.

OK by me