Apple hardware sector slows as several Macs await refreshes

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 52
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I don't see many people laughing at Apple hardware. Or at least the ones who's opinion I respect. The people talking the loudest usually know the least.

However I am a bit distressed that they case is so large. If it's going to remain that size then it could use another internal hd bay but I'm not going to overreact if it doesn't with half terabyte drives available.
  • Reply 42 of 52
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

I don't see many people laughing at Apple hardware. Or at least the ones who's opinion I respect. The people talking the loudest usually know the least.

However I am a bit distressed that they case is so large. If it's going to remain that size then it could use another internal hd bay but I'm not going to overreact if it doesn't with half terabyte drives available.

I think he may be looking at TS and the future if Apple doesn't provide something in the next update. I still have GPU, and OpenGL issues with PowerMacs, andwhy they cant fit anything else in an Extended ATX case still has me baffled. Looking at it It looks closer to a WTX case than EATX.
  • Reply 43 of 52
    According to Apple HQ, Widgets are SUPPOSED to be DESIGNED to take near-zero resources in the background (when not running in the foreground). This is something that they've preached about, especially the retail outfits.

Of course, half of them could be idiots, but these are Apple-engineered. It would be silly if they designed new items to take such a drag on the OS, especially when preaching the opposite. Include that in the fact that this stuff is really not intensive (webkit, anyone?).

-kk
  • Reply 44 of 52
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kalikkalik

According to Apple HQ, Widgets are SUPPOSED to be DESIGNED to take near-zero resources in the background (when not running in the foreground). This is something that they've preached about, especially the retail outfits.

Of course, half of them could be idiots, but these are Apple-engineered. It would be silly if they designed new items to take such a drag on the OS, especially when preaching the opposite. Include that in the fact that this stuff is really not intensive (webkit, anyone?).

-kk

Also Apple want people to experience a fast and responsive OS, Apple I'm sure will work on this if they haven't fixed it already.
  • Reply 45 of 52
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

Also Apple want people to experience a fast and responsive OS, Apple I'm sure will work on this if they haven't fixed it already.

well will the evil bastards that downloaded/stole Tiger gold master and installed it care to comment??
  • Reply 46 of 52
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

well will the evil bastards that downloaded/stole Tiger gold master and installed it care to comment??

I tried to install it but it was going to take four days. I chose to pass and wait a further 4! But yeah has anyone got a comment?
  • Reply 47 of 52
    hugodraxhugodrax Posts: 116member
    I heard rumors that maybe 2006-2007 they are going to introduce the AGP 9800 ATI on the highend models as a standard feature!!
  • Reply 48 of 52
    schmidm77schmidm77 Posts: 223member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

Well, safari 1.3 is supposed to be based on the latest version of webcore, isn't it? If so, the memory problems must not be fixed because it's still sucking up half my available memory; and I've got 768 MB of physical ram. It's also somewhat annoying to exit and reload, because it seems to take a minute to finally release everything when I close the window or tab that's been open for a while.

If firefox had cocoa's check spelling as I type feature, I wouldn't even waste my time with safari. And please, somebody tell me why select boxes in a form can't receive keyboard focus? Having to grab the mouse just to choose an item from a select box when the arrow keys should work is ridiculous.
  • Reply 49 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by hugodrax

I heard rumors that maybe 2006-2007 they are going to introduce the AGP 9800 ATI on the highend models as a standard feature!!

Excellent news !
  • Reply 50 of 52
    dave jdave j Posts: 84member
    Could one of the GM rippers please quench our curiosity and tell us if Safari 2.0 has fixed the leaks?

Or am I not allowed to ask this?
  • Reply 51 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave J

Could one of the GM rippers please quench our curiosity and tell us if Safari 2.0 has fixed the leaks?

Or am I not allowed to ask this?

Are you talking about all the word leak messages?

I know someone that has it (legit copy). I'll ask them.
  • Reply 52 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Are you talking about all the word leak messages?

I know someone that has it (legit copy). I'll ask them.

I'm getting no response. They must be out. but I'll keep at it.