Dock moved to bottom right :(

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

A while ago I shifted the dock to the right of my screen. At that time I also managed to make it stick to the bottom half of the screen instead of floating in the middle. And no, I do not remember how I did that

Today I tried to get it back as it originally was, spanning the middle of the screen horizontally at the bottom. I did manage to get it horizontal, but instead of floating in the middle it is now stuck to the bottom right of the screen, horizontally.

I tried looking in System Prefs under the Dock option, but there is nothing to get it unstuck from the sides. Help please?

Thanks and cheers

-newbie to macs

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    you've used some sort of hack, I remember hearing about a program that did that but can't remember what it was called. You'\\ll need to remove the program (after restoring the dock).
  • Reply 2 of 5
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Yes, I now remember, thank you! I downloaded Onyx and used that instead of System Preferences. So now I ran Onyx again and got the dock where I need it.

Thanks MacCrazy, I had completely forgotten I had done this!

Cheers
  • Reply 3 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Yeah, and then remove Onyx from the system. Is it part of the ape manager - because that is notoriously unreliable!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    defaults write com.apple.dock pinning end

In the Terminal.

And you may have to restart the Dock for it to pick up the new setting - just Force Quit the Dock from Activity Monitor and it will restart itself.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    OK, Onyx removed

Thanks, Lundy & MacCrazy!

Cheers